Makes us Human

~EDD'S P.O.V~

"Here you go ringo" I say as I place the food tin on the floor, he does a little walk over and starts licking the wet food. Smiling a little, I stand up properly to Yuu who was staring down at Ringo with a sad look, I turn to them and they immediately smile, a melancholy look still in their eyes "You okay?" I ask.

They had come over to our place, which used to be his to give us some cat food. He apologised way too much for not giving it to us sooner. "Nothing you need to worry about" He shrugged, smiling to the side, I notice an orange and yellow woollen bracelet around his left hand, I thought it was blue before? And on his right hand? "Edd, I am undoubtedly sorry that you had to witness... Before" He glanced to the side, his smile dropping.

"What even happened?" Matt asks as he was trying to figure out how the fridge works, with the whole 'secret gun' thing. "Patty has some... Negative thoughts on me. It would also be unfair to say he- I did not have some disapproving thoughts to him" He explained, changing his phrasing mid-way through. "Well, not everyone gets along... Tom and the red leader used to hate each other." I try to empathise, "I always hated seeing them fight, I could tell Paul didn't like you fighting either." I laugh, trying to cheer up the tone.

He stared at me wide eyed for a bit then shrugged "Well, have a good night you two", Ringo meowed, making Yuu laugh a little "All three, my bad", we all laughed a little. I glance to Matt who was smiling brightly for the first time in a while. I heard Yuu walking out so I stopped him I wanted to ask what he was doing the other day. "Yuu hold on," I call out, he stops on the doorway, not turning around or responding but I knew he was listening, "What were you doing in the infirmary the other night?"

He takes a while to repond, he looking down the lane of houses "Thank you for reminding me Edd, bye now!" He waved, what did I remind him of? "W-wait!" Matt calls out but Yuu already walked out, from the window I could tell he started running. What is with him? He acts so stable and nice then suddenly he's- I have plenty of time to find out I guess.

~NO ONE'S P.O.V~

The blonde ran down the empty lanes, plenty of people have passed since the arrival of the guests and many more since Yuu and Mee's defensive breakdown. Their purpose of 'protecting everyone', 'equality', and 'freeing everyone' was killed off. Merely because it was their fault.

Tears started streaming down his face as he ran, he stopped, glancing around for a place to hide to let himself breakdown and get on with the next plan. An empty looking home was his best shot, he speeds walked quickly over, hiding behind it. He was a few meters away from the barrier, a throwing distance at most.

He rested his face in his hands, looking up at the dark sky. Not even any stars to amuse him, clouds filled up the sky as far as he could see, which wasn't far by the mountains surrounding the base. "Feels like a crater still, doesn't it?" Yuu says, smiling even though tears started dropping like flies. He crossed his arms tightly, pressuring them on his stomach. His eyes started to shake, more specifically the pupils. "We are such a fuck up..." Mee's voice crackled, he slammed his head against the wall behind him.

He slid down the wall, his breathing hitching and sounding painful. "No, no, we're not!" Yuu tried to comfort the other half of him who breaking down. "Paul got amnesia; because of us, Patryk went paranoid and borderline psychotic; because of us, Jordan broke; because of us!" Mee started ranting, looking at the pairs hands that were shaking, "We just messed up once... And a few more times!" Yuu tried to feel better, "It's what makes us human."

"We should've stayed out... We could've told someone to save everyone!" Mee crawled into the foetal position, "But we came back and shot almost everyone, people we knew... We just shot them in the face!" Mee paused to look back to earlier. Yuu had no way to try and pretend it was fine, he sighed and went silent. Mee took this as a sign to switch the bracelets to the blue one with the purple bead.