“Oh brother,” Tattle mumbled, rolling his eyes. “Meeeeeeh! It burns! Tattle fix it!” I whined, smacking myself in the back of the head in hopes of knocking the soda out of my nose. Ah. Failure.

                I got up and blew my nose several times in the kitchen before washing my hands and face and going to sit back down. I glared at my half finished can of soda, pointing an accusing finger at it.

                “You! You’re not nice. I don’t like you,” I said with a pout.

                “Shailer, you just told an inanimate object that you don’t like it,” Tattle pointed out, raising an eyebrow at me.

                Clyde raised his hands. “Watch out; we got a badass over here,” he cried.

                I pouted even more. “You guys are so mean to me!” I whined. Tattle laughed and kissed my cheek, putting his arm around me. “You love it,” he said and I shoved him away.

                “No! You’re a butthead!” I said and stuck my tongue out at him. He gave me puppy dog eyes and I bit my lip and sighed before pulling him into a hug.

                “Fine! I love it,” I said with a sigh and kissed him gently. “That’s what I thought,” he said with a confident grin. I licked his cheek and he shoved me away from himself.

                “Ah gross! Shailer! You’re like a little kid,” he said with an annoyed sigh as he wiped his face off with his shirt. I smiled proudly.

                “So much for watching the movie,” Chelsea said, giving me a look. I gave her a goofy grin and slung an arm around her shoulders, kissing her cheek.

                “Aw, cheer up buttercup! That’s why we can just rewind it!” I said brightly, rewinding it back a little so we could see whatever we had missed when the soda had come out of my nose.

                With one arm slung around Chelsea’s shoulders, I used my free one to pull Tattle close to me. He smiled at me despite the fact that I had just licked his face for no real reason. He put his head back on my shoulder and I put my arm around his waist again.

                The movie ended and I glared at the screen. “That was a shitty ending! Bitch, go bathe in acid! You killed Eddie!” I cried angrily.

                I threw my empty soda can at the screen. “There! I hope the ghost of the soda comes out of your fucking nose!” I said, glaring harder.

                “Oh Shailer. I swear you got dropped on your head too many times as a baby,” Tattle said with a sigh, shaking his head at me.

                “I didn’t get dropped that much!” I whined. He moved in to kiss me, and I fell back to avoid it. I smiled up at Chelsea as I laid on her lap. “Hi beautiful,” I said with wink.

                “You’re ugly,” she said and pressed her hands over my nose and mouth. I struggled and she laughed and let me go.

                “Goodness you’re a violent girl!” I grumbled and sat back up, kissing Tattle.

                “So now what? Are we watching another movie?” Clyde asked curiously. I shrugged and jumped up, pulling Tattle with me.

                “Shailer’s tummy is growling at him, so that needs to be fixed immediately!” I said with an affirmative nod.

                We went into the kitchen and I began to dig through my cupboards in search of something edible for us to eat. It was about 11 p.m., so we probably shouldn’t make that huge of a mess. My mommy and daddy would be very upset if I fucked up the kitchen this late at night.

                Finally, I pulled out some chicken. “Chicken quesadillas?” I offered and the three shrugged and nodded at me. I passed the chicken to Clyde who began to cut it up into pieces as I searched around for some cheese and tortillas.

                I grabbed four plates, forks, knives, and the quesadilla maker my dad had gotten my mom for Valentine’s Day two years ago. Because, you know, nothing says “I love you” more than a quesadilla maker.

                We made the quesadillas and sat down at my dining room table, eating the hungry teens we were. We grabbed soda and fell into quoting funny parts from Nine Dead just to entertain ourselves while we ate.

                “Shailer! Get us the chips. Quesadillas love chips,” Clyde said with a nod as he bit into his quesadilla. I glanced at my kitchen and frowned.

                “Aw shit. I left the chips in my basement,” I said with a sigh, really not wanting to get up and get them. Too much work to walk all the way down to my basement. Damn laziness…

                “I’ll get them,” Tattle and Clyde offered at the same time. They glanced at each other and gave slightly awkward laughs.

                “We’ll both get them!” Clyde said with a grin and stood up. Tattle nodded and stood up as well. They began to talk about their favorite parts from the movie as they moved down the stairs towards my basement.

                Chelsea glanced at me and set her soda down, wiping her mouth off with the back of her hand. She sighed and leaned back in her chair a little.

                “Shailer, I really don’t like this. I don’t trust him. He’s called Tattle for a reason,” she said quietly. I rolled my eyes and swallowed my food, clearing my throat.

                “Chelsea, he’s changed. He really has. He doesn’t lie, and he said he wouldn’t tell anyone about my dad,” I said. “I…I love him, Chelsea. I really do. Why can’t you just be happy for me and trust my judgment?”

                “Because you’re a bad judge of character Shailer!” she said, getting slightly angry. “He’s going to hurt you! I’m just looking out for you.”

                “Well don’t!” I snapped, hurt. Why couldn’t she just be happy for me? She and Clyde were supposed to be my best friends. “Clyde’s trying to get along with him, and I wish you would. It would mean a lot to me Chelsea,” I said.

                “Shailer, just break up with him before he hurts you! Please!” she said. I narrowed my eyes at her.

                “Shut up Chelsea. I love him. I’m not breaking up with him. He won’t hurt me. You’re being a real bitch, you know?”

                Her face heated up a little and she stood up. “God, I hope he tattles on you Shailer. Because you know he’s going to. And when he does, don’t come crying to me. I warned you. It’s not my fault you’re a stubborn, stupid fuck. Maybe it would teach you a lesson. Have fun with your deceitful boyfriend you ignorant shit,” she snapped before storming away from me. I winced as my front door slammed.

                Clyde and Tattle came upstairs and stared at me in confusion. “Where’s Chelsea? What happened?” Clyde asked in concern.

                I stood up and kissed Tattle, wrapping my arms around him. Chelsea was wrong. He wouldn’t lie to me. He meant what he said.

                “Nothing happened,” I grumbled. Tattle gave me a concerned look and I kissed his cheek. I forced a smile, trying to forget everything Chelsea had said. “Come on; let’s finish eating,” I offered and sat down, pulling Tattle into my lap. He smiled at me, and I knew that Chelsea was wrong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N.- You guys should definitely comment and tell me who you think is right about Tattle and why: Chelsea or Shailer? ;p