Lie To Me {22}

“Shailer!” dad boomed, moving towards me. The smell of alcohol was so potent that it was gagging me. I could hear Alkaline Trio’s “Good Fucking Bye” playing. I looked up at him, trembling in terror. He rarely got this drunk, and mom had always been home to protect me on the occasion that he was.

                “Y-Yea daddy?” I whimpered, clasping my hands together nervously, wishing I were anywhere else but here with my drunken father.

                He stormed over to me and roughly grabbed my arm. “You stole my wallet, didn’t you?” he slurred, stumbling a little and pulling me with him.

                I shook my head, terrified beyond belief. I really hadn’t taken his wallet. He must have been so drunk that he had misplaced it.

                “Yes you did! An’ now you’re lyin’ to your daddy. You’re a rotten little shit, Shailer! You’re a very, very bad boy!” he boomed.

                “Daddy I’m not lying! I swear I didn’t take your wallet!” I cried desperately, trying to pull my little arm out of his tough grip. “Oh please let me go! You’re hurting me!”

                “Oh I’ll hurt you,” he growled dangerously, his breath gagging me. “Now just tell your daddy where you put his wallet, and maybe I won’t beat the living shit out of your sorry ass.”

                “I swear I didn’t take it daddy,” I whimpered. “YOU LYING WORTHLESS SHIT! YOU’RE A VERY BAD BOY SHAILER!” he exploded and shoved me backwards, causing me to stumble towards the stairs.

                “Now you fall down those damn things! Hit your head and see if you change your stupid mind about telling me where my fucking wallet is! You bad, bad boy!” he screamed and shoved me again, pushing me onto the stairs backwards.

                I let out a terrified scream as I tumbled down the stairs painfully. I shrieked as I heard a snapping sound when I hit the bottom. My ankle erupted into agony and my head began to throb violently. I began to shriek loudly, not stopping as tears exploded out of my eyes.

                “Shut up! God dammit Shailer! SHUT UP!” dad cried angrily, going into the kitchen to get himself another shot of vodka. I continued my shrieking.

                I shrieked for about 10 minutes before the front door flew open behind me and mom came rushing in. She stared at me in shock.

                “Shailer! I heard you screaming from the driveway! What happened?” she cried, kneeling next to me, concern in her eyes.

                “My ankle! The stairs!” I sobbed and shrieked again as she reached her hand to check my ankle. “Don’t touch it mommy! Don’t touch it!”

                She jerked her hand away in fear. Dad came to the top of the stairs, a beer in his hand. He glared down at the two of us.

                “Will you shut that damn kid up?” he growled furiously. Mom’s eyes widened then narrowed in horror and disgust.

                “You…you pushed him down the stairs, didn’t you Randy?” she whispered. “Damn straight I did! Bastard took my wallet! Now shut him the fuck up!” dad snapped.

                “Your wallet was in the car you drunken piece of shit! He’s 7 years old! Don’t you tell him to shut up! I’m taking him to the hospital, getting him fixed up, and divorcing your sorry ass! How dare you hurt your own son!” mom shrieked in pure fury.