Lie To Me {23}

“Does he have to come?” Chelsea asked in annoyance as we listened to the popcorn exploding in the microwave.

                I nodded at her. “Yes, he does. Because he’s my boyfriend. If you had a boyfriend, he could come too,” I said simply, not wanting to start a fight with her.

                “Shailer, I really don’t trust Tattle. I just don’t want to see him hurt you,” she said gently. “He won’t. Now get the popcorn while I get the soda,” I said as the microwave began to beep, announcing it was done with the popcorn.

                Chelsea went over to the microwave and I motioned for Clyde to follow me. He hopped up and followed me to the basement. We grabbed three cases of soda and carried them back upstairs.

                I set them down in the living room and set up Netflix. The doorbell rang and I set the Wii controller down and went downstairs to open the door.

                Tattle smiled lightly at me and I stepped aside, letting him in. He slipped off his shoes and I kissed him gently.

                “My mom and dad are in their room doing…well, I’d rather not think about what they’re doing. So we have the living room and basement to ourselves!” I said joyfully as I led him upstairs.

                He gave a small wave to my friends and Clyde returned it. Chelsea pretended not to notice him as she sat down on the couch next to Clyde with the popcorn bowl in her lap. Clyde took some and we joined them on the couch, me next to Chelsea and Tattle on my other side.

                I picked up the Wii remote and began to scroll through movies. “NINE DEAD!” Clyde screamed, beginning to bounce eagerly and nearly causing the popcorn to fall out of his mouth.

                He pointed at the screen, still bouncing. “NINE DEAD! NINE DEAD! NINE DEAD!” he cried, giving me pleading eyes.

                I rolled my eyes. “Chelsea, hold him down before he takes my ceiling out. I think my dad would get a little pissed off,” I said with a sigh.

                Chelsea giggled and put her hands on Clyde’s shoulders, trying and failing to hold his excited form down. I clicked on Nine Dead and we leaned back after turning off the lights.

                I slipped my arm around Tattle’s waist and pulled him closer to me. He smiled and kissed my cheek before resting his head on my shoulder comfortably. I grabbed some popcorn and a soda as the movie started.

                “Shit. He’s hot. He better live,” I whined as the killer unmasked Christian.

                “What the hell are you talking about? You saw his face for, like, 5 seconds,” Clyde said, glancing at me. I shrugged.

                “It’s a gay boy thing,” I said with a wink and Tattle laughed. I kissed his forehead and ignored Chelsea’s glare, letting my eyes stay fixed on the TV.

                “The worst thing a person can do is…child molestation,” Eddie said. “I would never!” the priest cried. “I have,” Coogan said. “Wait, boys or girls?” Christian asked. “Does it matter?” Coogan asked. “Well, no. I guess no-” Christian started. “It doesn’t matter to me either,” Coogan said with a grin, cutting him off.

                For some reason, that part of the movie had me exploding into laughter, and soda came out of my nose. Oh wonderful.

                “AH! SODA’S COMING OUT OF MY NOSE! IT BURNS!” I cried, bringing my arm up to wipe off my face. “Meh! Meh! It burns!” I whined.