Lie To Me {15}

“Gimme, gimme, gimme!” I whined, holding my hand out impatiently. Clyde rolled his eyes and shook his head as he continued to scroll through my phone. I sighed in annoyance. “You’re an ass!” I whined and crossed my arms childishly. Clyde smirked and shrugged, texting someone.

                “What did you say?” I asked as he handed me my phone back. My phone buzzed and I glared at Clyde before flipping it open to see what conversation he had started and with who.

                To: Grandma

                I LIKE TO RUN NAKED WITH IT ALL HANGING OUT ;D

                From: Grandma

                Oh you too?

                “Oh god grandma!” I cried and threw my phone at Clyde, rubbing my eyes violently. “I’m scarred for life!” Clyde laughed at me.

                I stood up and he and Chelsea watched me curiously. We were sitting in the graveyard. Coach had been sick, so Tattle and I didn’t have to stay after for detention today. He had stayed at my house for a little and nothing interesting had happened. We had just played on the Wii and watched some movies on Netflix together with my other two friends. Then Tattle had told me he had better head home, and had left to walk.

                I made my way over to the grave he had been standing in front of and eyed it curiously. His grandparents had been born in the 30s, around the same time as my mom’s parents.

                “I feel like he keeps all these secrets,” I mumbled as Clyde and Chelsea came to stand next to me, also observing the grave.

                “So? Let him have his secrets. You have your own,” Clyde said with a shrug and I dropped my gaze to my feet for a brief moment before bringing them back to the grave. My secrets were just scars. My secrets were like a volcano. Inactive, but slowly bubbling to explode when I least expected it.

                I knelt down in front of the double grave and squinted, as if the grave of Tattle’s grandparents would tell me all the secrets about his past and his family life. There was something not quite right about him, and I had a feeling it had to deal with his family life.

                I sighed and stood up, shaking my head. “I don’t know guys. Something about it is just bothering me,” I grumbled and ran a hand through my hair.

                I shivered from the cold that was falling over the graveyard. It was getting late. We had been hanging out for a few hours and I figured I should probably head on home before my mom freaked out and thought I got kidnapped by a 3 legged hobo named Flower or some shiz.

                Moms nowadays.

                “Bye guys. I’m heading out,” I said and waved to them. “Us too. Don’t feel too special,” Chelsea said and stuck her tongue out at me before pulling me into a hug.

                I waved again before leaving the graveyard, my mind racing. What the hell could Tattle possibly hiding? Why did he like to tattle? What was up with him and his family? And why the hell was I so attracted to him all of a sudden? Damn. Thinking outside of school hurt my head. Actually, thinking in general tended to give me a headache. But whatever.

                I entered my house and slid my shoes off before going upstairs and into the kitchen to get food. That was just my natural reaction. Thinking made me hungrier than a freaking whale.