Bucky and Tony: Not the kids fault part 2

Last time....

"A battle against your enemy it much easier then a battle against a friend or a brother, bones mend, wounds heal and blood washes away...broken friendships...broken trust takes much longer to heal and is far more painful." It was hard for Tony to hear Thor speak so wise words. It was easy to forget how old Thor really was, after all he went crazy for pop tarts.

"We have to go boys change cars and go." Clint said softly, Tony nodded and had no idea what he was walking into.

Now back to our story..

____________________

Bucky screamed, Hydra had him, he had fallen from the train, they were hurting him! He screamed and cried and yelled for Steve but Steve wasn't there...Steve was gone they had said Steve was gone!

"Kid! Kid relax shh you're okay you're not there."

Bucky knew that voice, it was calm and soothing where was that voice?

"There you go...it's okay...you're okay..."

The voice was so far away, then there was a hand on his head and it was gentle and not harsh. It wasn't holding him still but rather rubbing his hair to sooth him.

God he hurt so much...everything hurt but the voice was kind and gentle. And he slept once more even if it was just for a short while.

***

Tony was shocked how many times they changed cars and directions they were going. But it was in 7th hour of their trip did Barnes start to scream, he cried out for people to stop...he cried out for Steve to save him...it was heart breaking.

Tony leapt to the kids side and began shushing him gently, "Kid! Kid relax shh you're okay, you're not there." Barnes seemed to hear him and leaned into the touch Tony had on his head.

"There you go...it's okay...you're okay." Barnes let out a breath and seemed to fall asleep again.  God how could he have blamed him? It was really hitting Tony hard, how young Barnes was and how much it wasn't his fault. He was tortured for who knew how many years, he was heated and fell from a train within a inch of his life more then once. And Tony of all people should understand that, Yinsin was brought back to his memory and it was another punch to the face. He hadn't shown Barnes any grace or mercy he had just gotten angry and tried to kill him and now here the kid was having been hit by a truck and bleeding in the back of an unknown car scared out of his mind with people he didn't really know.

Tony say Clint glancing back at him in the mirror with a slight smirk on his lips. Tony heard the whimper and he turned his eyes back to Barnes and he took his flesh hand gently and soothes the boy. The kid only had one arm and what was left of the other was a mess, Tony had a strong urge to fix it.

"We're here." Clint murmured softly, it was so dark Tony couldn't really tell where they were, Thor as careful as he could lifted Bucky up in his arms. That didn't stop Barnes from crying out in a way that tore your heart from your chest. They went inside in a hurry and Tony saw Bruce as Thor laid Barnes on a bed ever so gently but still he cried out.

"Bruce I-..." Bruce smiled sadly and walked over to Barnes, Tony followed and stood next to Barnes. Steve was no where to be seen, Tony watched as Bruce started cutting clothes away and started feeling around his chest and then Bucky came to with a choked cry and Tony knew it was going to be a long night...

***

Bucky knew pain, he had his fair share of pain in his life. But that didn't make it any easier when you were in pain, it didn't helped when you struggled with anxiety and PTSD.