Plane Crash part 2

Previously on Whumpy Wednesday's......

"G-go...find...Ste-.ve...go get Steve..." Chloe paused before she bolted off as fast as her injured leg would let her. Bucky thumped back into the dirt, his question was only this would she make it in time? Or was he doomed to be found by whatever those things were?

Bucky bite back a whimper as he lay there, he didn't know how much time passed it felt like forever but it was dawn before he heard a crack of a branch, movement of trees. Steve! He looked up and the thing that came through the trees was very much not Steve...oh no...

******

Steve was starting to get worried, Bucky had been gone a very long time and he didn't like the fact that his friend had wanted to go alone. Even if he did have his dog Chloe couldn't do much if a gun was pointed to her head, though she was Bucky's dog she could surprise him.

The rest of them were hidden in the cave, Pietro was staying close to Clint. Clint looked truly awful, his skin pale and a fever on his brow. Steve could see the fear on Pietro's face, the poor guy had already lost one father and Clint was on the verge of being in even more trouble if possible.

Sam was working like clock work, checking Scott's ribs and Clint's leg, Steve could tell he was tired and they were all hungry. Hero was slinking around the cave, Steve could tell that the K9 was on edge and with good reason. The hound had barley laid down since the crash, but it was when Hero snapped his head to the door of the cave and a growl split his lips that Steve was now on high alert.

He crawled to the carefully hidden cave opening and peered out, Hero right next to him. It was then he saw...Chloe?....yes it was the yellow Labrador and she was limping!

Steve quickly left the cave and met the limping dog, Chloe was covered in mud and leaves. Her eyes met Steve's and a helpless bark came from her lips. He stroked her fur, Bucky never EVER let Chloe go off by herself and if she was hurt he wouldn't let her leave his arms let alone run back to camp...unless something was VERY wrong.

"What happened girl?..." Chloe whined and pulled at his pant leg, she wanted him to follow her.

"She wants us to follow her." Steve turned and met the eyes of the silver haired speedster. Hero at his side looking very much like a wolf at that moment. He stood tall and his body seem to ripple with the sheer power of the beast.

"What are you doing down here Pietro, you should be with Clint." Steve knew Pietro was struggling watching his adoptive father being so hurt and sick and knee that Pietro was feeling helpless.

"I can't help him there but I can help you find Barnes...I know dogs...I can help." Steve knew he should say know but the look of raw determination on the boys face.

"The team here will need your protection."

"I will protect them." Steve and Pietro turned to meet the now glowing red eyes of Wanda. Steve also knew that Wanda could protect them and could handle herself. Plus the team was well hidden in the cave behind the waterfall.

"Okay...but you do exactly what I say...I'm going to grab a med bag and-." Pietro was already back holding a backpack full of what they had to help fix Bucky up If he was hurt. Steve only hoped he wasn't too late.

***

Bucky looked up and met the eyes of a man he didn't know, he had a rough and cruel face with a jagged scar down the left side of his face. Bucky couldn't move his flesh arm without pain crippling him. But his metal arm was hidden by some brush where he was holding onto his pistol.

"My my...what do we have here...the winter solider." The mans voice was gruff and thick with an accent Bucky couldn't place, the man knelt down and pressed into Bucky's hurt shoulder making Bucky gasp and wince in pain.