Bucky: What Comes With It

TRIGGER WARNINGS
DESCRIPTIONS OF BLOOD AND INJURY
MENTIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT/ABUSE
DARK-Ish THEMES
MENTIONS OF SEX TRAFFICKING
Enjoy the story  
____________________________________
Sam knew when he took up the shield it came with a lot of responsibilities. He knew it was more than a shield, it was a beacon, a symbol and even to him it had meant something. Not like everyone else but if he had ever been in a tight scrape those flashing Stars and Stripes meant Steve was coming. Which meant help, which meant hope and so much more.

What Sam hadn't known was what also came with that shield. Not just the uniform, not just the name Captain America, but a 200 pound plus former brainwashed assassin. One that was repeatedly getting on Sam's fraying nerves, Christ on a cracker he thought Steve had been bad. One of the things that Sam had quickly learned about Steve when he had worked with him was that he wasn't the cookie-cutter Boy Scout that everybody made him out to be. That really was just propaganda, Steve was one of the most rebellious and reckless people that Sam has ever met. The man like to get into trouble it's not like you meant to put his strong sense of morale off and sent him flying towards danger. He also didn't like to follow the rules. Contrary to popular belief Steve wasn't a goodie two shoes, honestly he would've thought that would've been pretty evident by the effects of Civil War but you know.

But because of his reckless abandon and caring about what's right Sam had ended up more likely than not in a plastic hospital chair next to a medical bed that held his friend. Now he thought those days were behind them except in the few cases were something did go wrong which things do go wrong from time to time. Sam wasn't an idiot, he knew that things went wrong he was a soldier after all. But what he hadn't been prepared for in the sense of taking on a half cyborg POW was that Barnes had even less self-preservation.

He would send himself flying off of buildings out of planes, off of rooftops into gunfire without a second thought. His rationale was always simply this, 'I knew I could handle it Sam stop fussing' Sam will fuss as much as he wants thank you very much. Plus Bucky gave him plenty of reasons to fuss. But this was the last straw for the new captain America, because Bucky ended up in a hospital bed even more so than Steve it seems. The man over and over said that he didn't want to die, that he did not have a death wish and that he wasn't trying to get himself killed but that was becoming less and less believable in the last month and a half. Where they had been in a hospital or in medical seven times and the only injury that Sam had had was bruises and maybe a cut or two.

Bucky however had had several broken limbs, some cracked ribs, several concussions, too many lacerations to count, some third-degree burns and severe smoke inhalation. But all of that was next to nothing to the stunt that he had pulled and the longer he waited to hear about his condition the more anxiety Sam had. The more anxiety he had the angrier he was getting at how stupid his friend was. But his therapist swore up and down that Bucky wasn't suicidal, he wanted to live despite all that he had been through. But then why was he like this? What was with the flinging off of buildings and the hopelessly jumping in front of bullets? Because honestly this time had really taken the cake.

He always thought that it was comical that it was always the super routine straightforward missions it's always seem to go south so fast. Maybe it was because they were so easy and straightforward that they had a tendency to go south. Maybe it was because the easy missions are easier to predict? Sam wasn't sure all he knew that he was going to smack him silly when he woke up.

It was a sex trafficking bust, a big one, one of the biggest in the last few years and the professionals had called and asked for a little extra help. They had been on a tight schedule and needed the muscle. Bucky had said yes before Sam had been able to get out a yes. It had been awful, Sam wished he could quantify the emotions he had felt going into that place. A deep underground base called a D.U.M.B, which meant Deep Underground Military Base. This one had been abandoned because of the blip and when everyone came back the wrong people got a hold of it. Little girls and boys far too young down there, what had been even worse was Sam had caught Bucky's eye durning the clean out.