Steve: It Doesn't Hurt

Steve was the kind of guy that didn't like it when people knew he was hurt or hurting about anything. Even when he was small he would put on a brave face and soldier through.

Bucky was usually the only person that would be able to tell when he was hurting or in pain and made it a point to take care of himself and force him to do so. Then he became Captain America but yet it didn't change he felt invincible and that he could take more than the others which were true but he wasn't bulletproof. 

Many time the commandos would find their Captain after a mission and find him bent over in pain. When this happened Bucky would be livid with him for hiding it but Steve would always say the same thing.

"It doesn't even hurt." Steve's ability to hide his pain got even better after he woke up in this new world and the Avengers very rarely knew if he was hurting but when Steve is sent on a mission with his 3 best friends will he be able to hide it? Read on to find out.

***
The first thing Steve realized was the pain in his head, and everywhere else. What happened? Where was he?

His eyes felt heavy and his body ached, it took a couple of fighting minutes before his blue eyes opened. Everything was blurry he smelled smoke and fire and heard yelling, gunshots and then a cold hand on his back. Steve yelped as pain shot from his hip as someone got him to feet, there was more yelling and shooting when Steve passed out.
***

Tony was angry, no he was more than angry this whole mission had been a freaking trap. Their truck had been blown to bits and Steve didn't look too good either, Barnes was carrying him as he brought up the rear and Sam in the front.

Tony didn't know why he had agreed to come on this mission, besides the puppy dog look Steve had given him when he had started to say no. Barnes had been cleared of any and all charges and had been cleared for missions. Steve Barnes and Sam were a killer team, both of them willing to lay down their lives for him and make sure Steve didn't do anything stupid.

Tony watched as Sam looked at a small cabin hidden in the rocks of the mountainside, it was hidden in such a way you would have to look for it to find it.

The men hurry inside and Barnes lays Steve down on the bed, Tony felt his stomach clench at the look of his Captain. Steve had a long gash on his temple, going from the front of his face to halfway to the back of his head.

He had some burns on his shoulders and between the shoulder blades, he had dark bruises around his belly and his left hip. His breathing seemed pained and shallow and it just didn't look good. Tony Almost fell into his chair and it was then he felt the dull throb of his shoulder and back. Great, this was going to suck.

Barnes and Sam were locking doors and checking the place over as Sam heads out back to find food and Barnes finds guns throughout the house.

Tony's head snapped to the side when he heard Steve move, his eyes fell on the soldier and leaped to his feet as Steve was trying to sit up.

"Rogers lay the hell back down," Tony said as he stopped him from getting all the way up.

"I'm fine," Steve said softly and that made Tony snort.

"No you're not, lay down." Tony went to get up but the stiffness of his body slowing him down.

"And you call me the old man." Barnes showed up with a concerned look towards Steve as he pushes him gently back down. Tony was taken off guard when hands were on his arms and made him jump then yelp.

"Easy man just me let me look at that." Tony didn't trust a lot of people to just touch him, Pepper could, Rhodey could...Bruce could. But could he let Sam? Sam was a good guy and a better friend, he was the glue that held the Avengers together. Him and Clint that is, Sam had his tiny medkit over one shoulder and it didn't look like he was going to budge on the subject so he gave a shrug that he regretted as he did so. Pain shot through his body making him fall forward in a groan as Sam caught him.