Chapter 9: Dinner is Served

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to bed, I'll see you around, Harry."

I go up to bed after finishing the last few pages, worrying to myself about tomorrow.

...

~Saturday- Day 5~

I scowl at the analog clock at my bedside, it's early, much too early to get up. After an hour of staring at the ceiling, I get out of bed anyway and feed Cas before heading to the men's showers. Taking off my shirt, I get a clear look at a digital clock, no longer blurred by tired eyes. 3 am, I sigh inwardly, grumbling angrily and continue stripping off my clothes.

The shower is hot, almost scalding, as I wash my hair and face. The hot water steals my breath, and I lean my palms against the wall, forehead pressed against the cool tile. I check the clock again before finishing washing up and rinsing off. I hitches a towel around my waist and remember what Draco told me. We would be alone, yeah, he didn't seem too bad with his friends around. Either way, I don't wanna hang out with a jerk like him anyway.

Wow, just keep telling yourself that, okay, sport?

Again, with the creepy voice? I say to myself and I can practically feel the voice sigh, how weird is that?

My subconscious is one sarcastic little-

Don't even think of finishing that sentence, twerp. By the way, get over it, it's the only voice I have.

I exhale in exasperation and finish putting on clean clothes before heading towards the courtyard. I check my clock, 3:30, I still have a long time to spare.

God, I hope he doesn't think I'm desperate for friends.

You mean besides the fact you actually are?

Fuck you.

Maybe in your most twisted dreams, kid. Plus, seeing as how I'm in your head, that may be more than a little confusing.

Unlike you, I have standards.

Yup, you like your pricks nice and filthy-fucking-rich.

Whatever, jackass, I'm ignoring you now.

Whatever you-

I look up from the ground and there he is, leaning against the trunk of the tree, watching the moon. As soon as I walk beside him I realize he's asleep, listening to his iPod. I smile a bit, trying not to laugh, and sit beside him, searching for constellations. I check my clock, 4:30, and I look over at him and watch him breathe. After about two minutes I realize how creepy I am being and look back at the sky.

I hear him stir and I look over as he rubs his eyes sleepily then flare open when he sees me.

"Whoa! How long have you-!"

I slap my palm over his mouth and take out one of his earbuds, "God, are you trying to wake the entire school?!"

He blinks, "Oh, I talk loud when I have my earbuds in."

I sigh, "I noticed."

He looks at the moon, "Wanna head out now?"

I shrug, "As long as you can go while it's still dark."

"It'll take a while to get there, so why not? What time is it now?"

I look at my watch, "About 4:50."

He laughs, leading me towards the student parking lot.

"Uh, where are we going? We're headed towards the parking lot."

He nods, "Yup."

"Why are we going there?"

He looks over at me, walking beside him, "Yeah, I have to get my bike if we plan on going anywhere."

He looks around calmly.

"Your... bike." I say flatly, "We're going, wherever the hell we're going, on a bicycle?"

He laughs, pulling a key from his pocket, "No, stupid, my motorbike."

We walk up to a Vyrus motorbike and I almost swoon, even in the dark it's a beautiful motorcycle. Black with bright green spider webs and a bio-hazard symbol in the middle on both sides of the tank.

"I love your bike." I say softly and he laughs, handing me one of two matching helmets.

One with black on green, and he gets green on black.

He swings his leg over and mounts the bike and I awkwardly follow suit.

"I have to warn you, I've never been on a motorcycle before."

He gets an impish grin on his face, "Ooh, I'll be your first then. Fair warning, don't let go."

I put on the black helmet and I hear his voice in my ear, "These have microphones in them so just talk, no yelling, they're good at noise cancellation."

I nod, then realize he can't see me facing forward, "Okay."

He leans forward and I half-heartedly hold onto his sides, "Hang on!"

He says it with an audible grin and plows forward, almost throwing me off. I quickly wrap my arms completely around his stomach and hold on for dear life.

"Having fun yet?" he chuckles.

"I'll let you know." I promise, laying my cheek on his back, watching the scenery beside us.

"You'll like where we're going."

"Will I?" I ask, listening to his voice since it's the only thing I can hear other than his breathing.

"I hope." I hear in the faintest of whispers.

I ignore it, and he makes pleasant small talk and I respond occasionally, too fascinated with the woods we're passing through.