Chapter 51

Austin reached over and gripped my hand into his.

I had never felt so nervous and happy in my whole life.

I was definitely happy that I talked mom out of calling any lawyers because of dad.

Austin and I stood in my living room holding hands and gazing at each other.

Our moms silently talking to each other in the kitchen drinking their coffee.

It was about 6:30 in the morning. Trial wasn't until 10:00 a.m, but we wanted to be up and ready.

Austin sat down on the couch and I sat beside him.

"Do you remember what you're going to say?" Austin grabbed my hand into his.

"The truth. Nothing but the truth. There's no point in lying. Even little lies. The lawyers know how to manipulate words so that they aren't lies."

"I agree. I'm just afraid of being confused by the questions they're going to ask.."

"Me too.."

Austin stood up and walked over to stand by his mom. She wrapped her arm around him.

I walked over to my mom and she kissed me on the forehead.

Austin and I looked at each other and laughed.

We decided to go ahead and eat.

Pancakes and sausage sounded super good so that's exactly what Austin and I fixed ourselves.

"Do you want me to do that?" My mom asked.

"No it's fine! We aren't babies!" I laughed.

Michelle and my mom both smiled at each other and giggled at us.

Austin kept putting pancake mix all over my face, so I was doing it right back.

"Stop it you two! Before you get your nice clothes all dirty!" Michelle laughed.

We laughed some more and wiped the mix off of our faces.

In that moment I felt no nervousness.

We sat down and ate, it was amazing.

"So what are we supposed to do for 2 hours?" I said watching the clock.

"This." My mom said shrugging.

"I'm so anxious. I don't know if I can just sit around!"

Austin started laughing, "You're such a nerd."

"Shut up, A-Meezy!"

Michelle's face went blank, "A-Meezy? Wow. Haven't heard that in a while."

Austin looked at me with quarter sized eyes, "Where did you hear that?"

"Alex? Why?"

He smirked, "Alex. Of course. Come upstairs we need to talk."

The only thing I could think of walking all the way up the stairs is 'Wow, I'm so good at screwing up.'

He sat me down on my bed, "Why would you just randomly call me that?"

"Well I had been wanting to ask you about it but it kept slipping my mind. I didn't think it'd be a big deal.."

"So you just blurt it out?"

"Are you seriously mad?"

"Not at you. At Alex for not watching his mouth better."

"Can I please know about the name? What's the big deal?"

He sighed, "I sing-"

"Yes, beautifully."