Chapter 50!

*Sunday Morning*

I got up for church that morning, waiting for Austin to let me know when to pick him up.

I looked at myself in the mirror and turned sideways to see my bloated tummy.

I was forced to wear a maxi skirt because I was so bloated my jeans would button.

I was so scared that I was literally getting stress-fat.

I felt my stomach turning, tomorrow is the day.

I decided not to drag my 'father' back into it. He's locked up for life pretty much, what more can they do?

I am just going to focus on Brantley and throwing his idiot self in jail.

Austin finally shot me a text telling me to come and get him.

I drove to his house and he was waiting outside. Looking dashing as usual.

He got in and buckled, "You ready for tomorrow?"

"No. I'm so scared."

"Me too. But I think we will win."

"I should hope so.."

We walked up the steps of the church.

It looked more crowded than usual, but I wasn't going to complain about people coming to church.

Austin and I took our seats and had morning prayer.

I bowed my head. As Austin did, too.

"Dear Heavenly Father, Lord I ask that you bless over Jennifer and me. Help us through this case tomorrow, Lord. You are the only one with the power to get us through this, like you had the power to heal me! Lord, I have so much to thank you for. I thank you for loving me, dear God. Amen."

I opened my eyes and looked at Austin. My mouth slightly dropped open in shock.

I had never heard him pray before. Ever.

This was heart felt.

He turned and looked at me, "What?"

I smiled, "Wow. I didn't know you had such a way with words in prayer."

"Well," he laughed, "I know that we aren't going to get through this without the help of Him."

I felt so happy.

After church, Austin and I went out to eat at Tequilas. My favorite Mexican restaurant..besides Taco Bell.

We both ordered Taco Salads and while we waited for them, we talked.

"So, Austin, you know they're going to show the jury pictures of your body from when we wrecked, right?"

"Yeah..I know."

"Are you scared."

"It made me uncomfortable at first but if that's what it takes to keep you and me safe, I don't care. Just let it be."

I stirred my straw around in my drink, "I am so so scared."

"Don't be! We are going to win!"

"Not just about that! But, coming Face to face with Brantley again. Having to sit in the same room as him."

"It gives me the chills, too."

"He's such a freak!" I slammed my hand on the table.

"Okay! Chill! Look here comes food!"

I watched the waiter set our plates on the table.

I was actually being calmed by food..

Great now I'm stress eating.