Chapter 17

Austin had this look on his face like someone had just stabbed him in the heart.

That's pretty much what I had done.

I really wanted to cry. But instead I hopped off the sink and ran to him.

Just to find that he pushed me off of him. He turned and walked out of the back door.

Alex was still standing in the bathroom. He turned and walked out. But before getting completely past me he turned to me, "Nice too meet you, too. You this friendly with all the guys you meet?"

I went over and sat on the couch. I thought about how good Austin was to me and I let something as little as a joke ruin it all.

I let my Nerves and anger get the best of me. Which I don't usually do.

I decided I would go outside and apologize the best I could.

I walked out if the glass sliding doors to find Austin crying. Not complete water falls, but, he was fairly teary eyed.

I began to poor out. Full out cry. Way harder than he was.

I ran to him and wrapped my arms around him and he wrapped his around me, surprisingly.

"Austin Baby! I'm so so so sorry! I didn't mean it! I don't know why I did it! Please forgive me? Please!"

He hugged me tighter, "It's okay! I pushed you!"

"No! Don't say that! It-"

"Let's just act like it didn't happen and go inside!"

I let him lead me in. And I sat on the couch. He never let go of me.

A few hours later all the excitement had gone down. I knew I had made

A not so wonderful impression on my boyfriend's best friend.

Great.

I had noticed Alex wouldn't really look at me. Or talk to me for that fact. It was awkward.

I went home that night and had to call Kayla. She had to know how awful I was.

"So is his friend hot?" Of course she had no sympathy.

"Well yeah.."

"Was he a good kisser?"

"Well-"

"You should hook us up!!"

"He has a girlfriend Kayl."

"Oh. Well what the hell you telling me all this for?"

"Why in the world would I suddenly get the drive to just kiss this random stranger who happens to be my boyfriend's best friend when I first meet him-" I took in a deep breath from talking more than I was breathing, "who has a girlfriend!?"

"Maybe you're letting everything get to your head?"

"Everything?"

"You and Cassidy have been a little close here lately. And Lani too. And you have this gorgeous Boy toy. And..two other boys after you. maybe you just got too much steam in your head."

I had never thought about that. But that didn't seem right. I think it was just a spur if the moment thing.

"I don't know about that.."

"Well it was just a suggestion.."

"I know. I know. I think I just did it to do it. I don't think I thought about it."

"Only you know the answer to this. And I think you're hiding from the truth."

"What truth?"

"I don't know. Only you do."

That night I went to bed thinking about this strange 'truth' that Kayla was talking about.

It was the most odd thing. Because I didn't even know the truth.

Or maybe I did...and I was just so shocked, I'm hiding it from myself..

*************************

What's Jennifer's mysterious truth? Hmmm. Comment and vote❤️