Chapter 39

We never went to church that day. We sat in my room and thought about everything.

How could this happen? How could neither of us have woke up?

"What if whoever it is uses Roofies?!"

"I-I don't know...But, I'm really scared."

He held me in a tight hug, "Maybe you should tell your mom. And maybe I can stay another night?"

"No! I don't wanna tell my mom! It's scary, what if he's doing things to me in my sleep?! I don't wanna tell her that!" I took in a deep sigh, "And if he's using Roofies on both of us, how are you going to protect me?"

"I'm gonna stay awake for as long as it takes."

I smiled and gave him a kiss.

"I'm gonna run home and get some clothes for school tomorrow."

"Shoot! School! You can't stay! Or at least stay awake all night..."

He kissed me on the forehead, "I'll be fine."

He ran down the stairs while he had the chance. Mom was out grocery shopping.

Austin went running down the street.

I got on the couch and turned on the tv. I was too afraid to be alone anywhere else in the house. At least if I'm in here and he come after me, I can get to the front door quickly.

I heard a noise upstairs. It sounded like something hit a door.

I stood up fast and stood at the end of the stairs, contemplating whether I should go look.

'No Jennifer. The people in scary movies who look always die.' I thought to myself.

I sat back down on the couch and started to skim through a magazine, but my curiosity kept directing to what was upstairs.

'It's time to nut up, or shut up.' I quoted from Zombieland.

I ran upstairs. I looked in my room, everything in place. The bathroom, fine. Moms room, fine. Sitting room, fine guest room, fine!

Finally I walked over to the closet. This is it. Now or nothing.

I opened the door slowly. A broom fell on the floor in front of me causing me to freak out. That's it. A stupid broom.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" I screamed as loud as ever.

Austin walked in and wrapped his arms around me. Not meaning to scare me.

"Jen," He giggled, "What are you doing?"

"I-I heard something. And I came to investigate."

"And?"

"Broom.." I held up the broom and he nodded.

"Does your mom know I'm staying?"

"Nope. But it's okay."

He put all his stuff in the guest room, to please my mother.

We sat there talking for a bit before It started getting late.

Mom came home and put away groceries, "Oh I didn't know we had company."

"Yeah. Austin is staying tonight. His mom isn't home." Which wasn't a lie.

"As long as he's in-"

"The guest room. I know. He's already set up." I interrupted.

Austin and I went back upstairs and sat in my room. Mom fell asleep downstairs.

We waited for two hours and I began to fall asleep.

What seemed to be five minutes of sleeping but was really an hour and a half, austin was shaking me awake.

*Austin's P.O.V*

I was sitting there watching her sleep. She's so beautiful.

I was dozing off myself when I heard a thump. I got up on my feet.

I heard another tap on the window pane, then another thump on the seal.

Someone's trying to get in.

I didn't want to scare him away, so I crawled over to Jen out of his sight to wake her.

"What's go-going on?" She rubbed her sleepy eyes.

"He's here."

She was suddenly wide awake, sitting straight up in the bed.

Another thump was at the window.

"Okay. You go to the lights and I'll get by the curtains. When I say 3, hit the lights and I'll pull back the curtain so we can see him!" I directed her.

She ran over ever so adorably in her shorts and tank to the lights.

I got behind the curtain and grabbed the edge of it.

"1....2....3!"

I yanked the curtains right as she hit the lights.

"Shit!" I yelled.

"What?!"

"Did you see him?"

"No. You?"

"Hell no."

I can't let her go another night at risk of all this.

It makes me shiver at the thought they he could've...violated her. While she was unconscious, too. That's just sick.

I out her back into bed and tucked her in. Her heart was beating a hundred miles a minute. I could hear it in her chest.

"Austin, lay down with me."

*Jen's P.O.V*

He crawled up into the bed with me a curled up next to me. I felt so safe in his arms. So safe.

He wrapped his arms around me as usual.

I kissed him gently with our foreheads pressed together.

He smiled big showing his teeth.

I heard a bang on the front door.

Shit.

I hope mom locked the front door.

*********************
So who do you think it is?
COMMENT AND VOTE❤️