Chapter 41

Tears of joy kept flowing out of my eyes.

A pulse. He's just unconscious.

I thanked God a thousand times that he was okay.

I unbuckled him and slowly pulled him out. I didn't want anymore skin rips than what he probably already had.

As I laid him straight and flat on the asphalt, just in case of a broken spine or punctured lung, Brantley was standing up off the ground.

"I can't believe you kicked me!!"

"WHAT?! You've been sneaking into my room and doing God knows what to me!! And your going to gripe about that?!"

Brantley looked at me as if he was serious. Like everything he's been doing to me is okay.

I looked at Austin's bloody face. Wondering if I looked just as bad.

I knew I had knicks and cuts all over from being drug out of the wreckage and onto so much broken glass.

"I can't believe this. Why have you been doing all this to me?! WHY?!" I screamed at Brantley.

"Because, you were mine first, I showed you what love really is but no, you wanted to wait. Too scared, maybe? Then a year or so later give it to some loser you don't know. Well I will get what I want."

"You'll get what you want? So wait, you haven't...raped me? Not even while I was out cold?"

"No! If I was going to fuck you, I want you to be awake."

"So the bruises?"

"I wanted you to get what you needed."

"My shorts and underwear?"

"I wanted to keep a piece of you that I could hold in my hands."

"You're sick! YOU'RE SICK!! Look at him!! Look at him!!" I pointed at Austin, "I love him! That's my boyfriend! What if I lose him!?"

"You still have me.."

I began to run after him.

I tackled him to the ground kicking him in the head repeatedly.

He stayed down.

I called mom and let her know where I was and what had happened, minus Brantley.

I don't want to spring too much on her at one time.

Mom called an ambulance from the house. I sat in the middle of the road so they could see me and cried.

I got in to the ambulance with Austin. I was on a gurney as well.

I noticed Brantley was gone and I didn't even notice he left.

I came clean to the paramedics..that afternoon Brantley Michael Caper was arrested. He pleaded guilty of all charges against him.

Sitting in the hospital bed, I was wondering what to tell Austin's mom..and mine.

They released me after a few hours, just a couple scrapes and some bruises was my problem.

Austin on the other hand, was still out. He took a clean hit to the head and busted his skull right on the far top side of his forehead just below his hairline.

Austin was still sleeping.

They said that he could still just be sleeping from the anesthesia, and I was praying that's all that it was.

I sat at his side in a chair looking at his lifeless, but thankfully still alive, body.

I stroked his somewhat curly brown hair. Waiting for him to open those beautiful eyes that I fell in love with. I wanted to hug him and hold him so tight.

This is not how I ever wanted to see him in a bed.

I want to see him in my bed beside me, facing me, stroking my hair and kissing me.

His mom came in.

I felt my stomach turn.

I could hear her now, "How could you let this happen? This never would've happened if it wasn't for you!"

And that would be about right...

But surprisingly she gave me a hug. A nice hug.

"How did this happen?" She asked with pouring tears.

"I think it's best if we wait until Austin is awake. He can corroborate my story."

She looked at me deep, "If he ever wakes up.."

*********************

Such a short chapter! I apologize! Enjoy though! Comment and vote 😘