Chapter 45

Three days have passed without me seeing Austin. Today is probably going to be day number four on this dreary Wednesday.

He hasn't even texted me, and I've even texted him first. But, to keep positive thoughts, I can only imagine he's resting up or something of that sorts.

I still couldn't believe what his mom said. She seriously thinks that I'm endangering Austin!

But...I might be..

I shook the thought out of my head, not needing more stress on myself.

I contemplated whether I wanted to go to school or not.

There wasn't anything really wrong with me, but I didn't want everyone in my face trying to get the details of what had happened.

I knew for a fact Austin wouldn't be at school. Why would he go?

"Why did I do this?" I said aloud to myself.

I had been staring out of my bedroom window while sitting on my bed for about an hour and a half.

I should've went to school. It would've been more fun.

I decided to push everything aside and go to Austin's. I didn't care if his mom was home or gone. I didn't care if he was avoiding me or seriously resting up.

I was going to see him.

After a 10 minute drive to his house, I stood outside his door for about 5 minutes wondering if I've made a good choice or not.

I banged on the door anyways.

"H-hey..why are you uhm.." Austin cleared his throat, "here?"

"Why does it matter? Don't you want to see me?"

He stayed silent, which isn't a good sign probably.

"Well, can I come in?" I tried to push my way through the door.

"My mom isn't home."

"So?"

"So no."

"Austin?" I said in distress.

"You know what the rules are. I don't know why you feel you need to break them."

"Excuse me? I think that you have broken one or two, also!"

"LOOK AT ME!! Do you not see the condition that I am in?!"\

"Breaking the rules did not do this to you! I DID!!!" I grabbed my mouth because it completely slipped out.

He sighed a deep, angry sigh, "I don't want to fight with you. I'm not in a good place right now."

"You're.." My voice cracked, "You're in a bad place? How can you say..say that?"

I pushed my way past Austin finally. Only to find three empty beer cans and a half drunken one.

I stared in shock. I ran over and grabbed them. I squeezed them in my hand, "Wh-what. What is this?! What is this?!"

"I-I told you that I was in a bad place..."

"Austin...Why..."

"I just want to be numb! I am so confused about everything right now! I just don't understand!" His voice began to get shaky.

"Numb?! Why? What don't you understand?"

"Why we're going through this?! Why I'm going through this. I was always a good kid. I never got into trouble..and so far I've been in and out if it since I've...I've...." He held his breath.

"Since what?!"

"Been with you!"

I was taken back by this. I felt a slight pain in my chest signaling that what he just said truly hurt me.

He gave me sad eyes, "You-You know I didn't mean it that way.."

"Oh yeah? WELL HOW ELSE DID YOU MEAN IT?!" I flopped onto his couch.

"I never said that getting into trouble with you isn't fun. I never said that I didn't want to be with you anymore because of it. But this, this right here that we're in is huge, Jennifer. Huge."

I nodded my head at him, "I know and I'm sorry..."

"I just wish you would've told me about this guy before. Maybe we could've avoided this somehow."

"There's so much I wish I could change, too."

"Like what?"

"I wish I never met you."

***********************
OH! Harsh words there, Jen!
Comment and vote❤️