Chapter 8

I woke up the next morning and Austin wasn't in bed with me. I got up and looked in the bathroom and it was empty. I slowly stepped out into his hallway when I heard a noise downstairs. I looked over the edge of his balcony and seen someone in the kitchen.

I slowly walked down the stairs. When I reached the bottom I peeked around the corner and seen Austin, still in nothing but his sweatpants, was cooking breakfast. I walked into the kitchen. And hugged him around his waist and laid my face on his back.

"Good morning, Austin."

"Good morning, babe. You hungry?"

"Starved!" I walked over and sat at the bar.

"Good! I'm making eggs, bacon, and toast with a side of Juice."

"Yummy. My fave!"

He smiled at me and turned back to the stove. I sat there and watched him. I couldn't help but think that I loved him. But I could never tell him that. Could I?

"I love you."

He slowly turned around and looked at me. I felt so stupid! It fell right out of my mouth.

"Jen...I love you too.."

Wait. What did he just say? I felt my heart jump.

"I have been waiting for the perfect moment. The perfect place. I love you, Jen. I knew it from the start."

"I'm sorry..I didn't know you were...sorry it wasn't perfect." I was staring down at my toes.

"No. It was perfect. Hearing it from you. Made me smile so big" he walked towards me and gave me a big kiss on my forehead.

He served the food and sat across from me and we talked. And talked. And talked. But that's the thing I love. We can sit and talk about nothing for hours.

We went upstairs, got dressed and brushed our teeth. He took me home not long after so I could get on some new clothes.

"I'll call you when I get home."

"Okay. Drive safe Austin!"

"Yeah yeah yeah.." He winked.

"I'm not kidding!"

"Whatever! I love you!"

"Love you too!"

I ran Into the house and went upstairs. I had to call Kayla and tell her all about this! My heart was beating so fast! I was in love with Austin Mahone.

"Kayla! You were right! Oh my gosh! You were right!"

"What? What was I right about?"

"We are in love! Austin and I! We are in love!"

"No shit?"

"What's your deal?"

"Nothing. Just the fact that my supposed to be best friend has totally ditched me. We don't even talk or hang out. And when we do talk it's about Austin.

"Aren't you happy for me at all?"

"Yeah I am. But I'm more upset that I'm losing you. To him."

"Okay. Kayla, we are having a girls nigh-" I was cut off by getting a call from Austin.

"Sorry what was that?"

"A girls nigh-NIGHT!!"

"Why are you yelling...."

"No reason. Girls night. Tonight. Be here at 7:30! I got to go!"

I picked up the other line to talk to Austin.