Chapter 13

Chapter 13

P.O.V Olivia 

I woke up abruptly as the loud sound of the smoke detector echoed through the apartment. I looked beside me and the bed was empty. The sound of Demi's coughing prompted me to jump out of the bed run towards the kitchen . Dark smoke was blurring my vision. I covered my mouth and nose to stop the odd smell entering my nostrils.

-"Dem? Are you ok?", I coughed rushing to her side.

-"Yeah! I just burned the pancakes! Could you open all the widows!", she exclaimed, screaming to cover the sound of the smoke detector.  I looked up to find it and climbed on a chair before taking out the batteries. The loud noise stopped and the silence returned.

-"Ah thank you!", Demi sighed turning the oven off. I walked towards the closest window and opened it. I let the hot outside air fill my lungs. I turned to take a look at Demi who was trying to clear the smoke with a dishtowel.

-"Babe, come here, the smoke is really bad for you vocal chords", I said motioning for her to come closer. She looked at me with a smirk and dropped the dishtowel on the counter before walking towards me. I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her body closer to mine.

-"I wanted to make you breakfast", she pouted.

-"Aww Dem! That's really kind of you!", I smiled pecking her cute little nose.

-"I'm sorry I burnt them", she frowned.

-"Doesn't matter, let me take you out!", I smiled, if it has to be our last day together, I want to treat you like a princess".

-"I wish I could spend the day with you but I can't I have a photo shoot in three hours and I have an interview with Ellen later", she sighed pulling away from me.

-"When do you have to leave?", I asked pressing my back against the wall.

-"An hour top", she said biting her lip. Damn she really had stop doing this.

-"Well how about you get ready and then I can take you out for breakfast. After that I'll let you go", I smiled.

-"How about you follow me all day?", she suggested bitting her lip again and grabbing by my shirt to pull me closer to her.

-"Um, I like the sound of that", I smirked.

-"Great!", she smiled and leaned in to kiss me gently.

-"I'm really gonna miss those lips", I half frowned as she pulled away.

-"Yeah... Olivia?", she asked looking a bit nervous.

-"Hmm hmm?", I mumbled playing with her blonde hair.

-"What, uh, are we exactly?", she asked.

-"Huh?", I replied raising an eyebrow.

-"I mean relationship wise!", she explained.

-"I don't know", I sighed, looking down, "what do you want us to be?".

-"I don't know either, what  would you say if someone asked you out tomorrow? Would you say yes?", she asked shyly while pulling on the hem of her shirt.

-"I would say no and say that I am seeing someone", I smiled stroking her arms gently, "Dem, I don't want us to be together just yet, I don't think I could handle not seeing you except on X-Factor and we can't even act like we're together on the set. What about you, would you say yes?".

-"Um probably not Olivia, I think what we have could be really special and I'm not willing to let go of that right now. Does that make us kind of exclusive then?", she asked looking up at me.