Prologue

Prologue

P.O.V Olivia

-"Ok let's go Olivia", Noël exclaimed, "there are no cars".

-"Jaywalking is your favorite thing, isn't it?", I asked smirking.

-"No! ",She said turning her head towards me as she stepped onto the street. Her blue eyes were sparkling and her smile was the same as always, which meant that it lit up her face.

-"I'm not crossing this street 'til this light turns green", I smirked crossing my arms on my chest.

-"Come on chicken, there's no car!", she laughed looking from left to right.

-"No, I'm not changing my mind Noël!" I giggled shaking my head, my brown shoulder length locks gracefully dancing on my shoulders.

-"You can run straight to the other sidewalk, if you're too scared to walk! We're wasting time!", she exclaimed stopping in the middle of the street.

-"No, I hate running, it equals sweating!" I joked but really, I meant it.

-"Your such a girl Dickens", She giggled, using my last name.

-"Just get out of there please, you'll get hit by a car!", I said frowning.

-"Ok, ok", she laughed, her hands up in surrender as she stepped on the sidewalk on the other side of the street.

-"Thank you, Humphrey", I said loud enough for her to hear me.

-"Goodness! This traffic light is taking forever!" She shouted back stomping impatiently, making me burst out in laughter."I swear Olivia, if you don't get your ass here in two seconds I will come and get you", she exclaimed, "green light or not".

-"Be patient with it", I replied with a grin plastered on my face. I was presently in love with this slow traffic light, it was giving my eardrums a little more time before being destroyed by the screaming fans of Demi Lovato. Noël was her biggest fan, at least that's what suggested her shirt with Demi's face on it and the many temporary tattoos of her name that had been applied all over her face, arms and legs . She jumped onto the street, ready to grab me and drag me to the other side the of it. A bigger grin appeared on my face and a loud laugh escaped my mouth as I watched the frustrated pout on her face increase. All of the sudden, time suddenly seemed to slow down as life happened. The smile had that crept on my face a moment before quickly disappeared. Noël's body flew in the air abruptly as a car violently hit her. It seemed as though a doll had been thrown in the air by an angry toddler.  I was frozen on the sidewalk. It all happened so fast and so slowly at the same time. I tried keeping my balance to refrain myself from fainting as I tasted the bile making its way up my throat, but I felt my body sink towards the ground regardless of my efforts. Finally, the sight of Noël's broken and motionless body brought me back to reality. I rushed towards my best friend and dropped down on my knees in front of her.

-"Noël?" I sobbed, touching her gently and putting my finger under her nostrils to see if she was still breathing. A banging sound caught my attention and I looked over my shoulder. The driver had come out of his car, raging.

-"She just jumped in front of the car! I couldn't stop, now I killed her! It wasn't my fault! This can't be happening, this can't be happening, this can't be happening" He mumbled pacing around in complete shock. I stared at him blankly, unable to acknowledge what had really happened.

-"Call 911", I screamed, crying before I looked back at Noël," wake up, you're strong, you can do this ok, do it for me, stay strong". A red puddle of blood started appearing on the concrete, making my head go dizzy. I placed her head on my lap not caring about the blood that now soaked my light blue skinny jeans. My vision was blurred by my tears, I couldn't see Noël's face anymore. This could not be happening! "Please, someone help her!", I cried silently. The sirens echoed in the humid air and I was soon pushed aside by paramedics. Noël's body was carefully placed on a stretcher and in the ambulance. Without even noticing, I was sitting in the vehicle, close to Noël. I tried to reach for her hand but my arm refused to move. The sight of my best friend's pale face destroyed me inside. She had to be alive, she had to. I cried silently leaning back against the seat. I threw a last glance to the car that had hit Noël, before the ambulance's door were slammed shut. I gasped as though I had forgotten how to breathe and my body stiffened. This had to be a nightmare. Gripping onto the seat, my breathing accelerated and suddenly, everything around me turned black.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyo to all your sexy faces!! So this is it, the prologue!! :D I hope you liked it!!  I will not be like a constant updater who posts a new chapter once a week or every two days... I will update as soon as I have a new chapter entirely done! So next chapter should be later today or tomorrow... Since I'm in college, I am already in winter break!! Yay me!! So updates will be almost every day because I have nothing to do with my life! Please comment, vote and follow me because I love you!! <3

P.s. The following chapters will be longer than this one!! ;)

I'LL SEE ALL YO SEXY FACES NEXT TIME!!

-Naomie <3