Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The car's door opened before me and the chauffeur handed out his hand to help me out of the vehicle. I took it politely and got up. The house that stood before my eyes was breathtaking. It was huge, I had never seen a house that gorgeous and to think that it was my father's, was driving me insane. How could he live alone in so much luxury?

-"I think we should go in" Jake said reminding me of his presence.

The chauffeur got our suitcases out of the trunk and onto the porch. He stood in front of Jake and I smiling politely.

-"Mr. Dickens is not home yet, but he asks that you make yourselves at home, he will arrive in approximately an hour. I will be on my way now", he said walking back to the BMW. I looked back at Jake who had already walked to the front door and opened it.

-"Are you coming?", he asked with a smile.

-"Yeah, okay", I replied walking towards him.

-"Hey look", he said handing me a piece of paper.

NOTE

Dear Olivia,

I hope you had a pleasant flight. I am very sorry that I could not be at the airport to greet you. Yet, I am pleased to have you here in my home which is now also yours. You will find your room on the second floor, the fourth door to the right. You can get settled in. I am looking forward to meeting you.

Your father, Louis.

P.s. A young man will be staying with us his name is Jake. I am hoping you two will get along well.

END NOTE

I looked up at Jake with a smile.

-"Well, I'll go up to my room now" I said.

-"Yeah me too" Jake replied showing me another note but addressed to him this time. I smiled. I grabbed my suitcases before dragging them upstairs. Walking in the corridor, closely followed by Jake, I sighed and stopped in front of the fourth door. I reached for the door knob and took a big breath. Jake patted my back, encouraging me to open the door. I looked over my shoulder and gave him a smile before watching him disappear into his own bedroom. I turned my gaze to my door and opened it slowly. The walls were painted lavender and a light grey and there was a canopy bed in the middle of the room with black and lavender bedspread. There were nightstands on each side of the bed and a desk on the right wall. I left my suitcases at the foot of the bed and opened the wardrobe. My mouth dropped open. It was a walk-in. I blinked quickly making sure it wasn't a dream. This room was everything I could've ever wished for.

[...]

I let my body sink in the bed after I was done unpacking. I grabbed my iPhone to make sure I hadn't missed a call and indeed I had. My mom's number appeared on the screen again as my ringtone echoed in the room.

-"Hello?", I asked.

-"Hey Olivia, it's me", mom said.

-"Yeah.." I replied.

-"So everything's alright with your dad?" She questioned.

-"Hum, I don't know I haven't seen him yet" I sighed.

-"What? You're still at the airport? I'm gonna kill him!", she exclaimed raising her voice.

-"No mom, I'm at his house right now, he sent his chauffeur to pick us up", I explained.

-"A chauffeur? Us?" she asked.

-"Yeah and a guy is staying with us" I sighed.

-"I hadn't realize he could afford it or that he would have another guest", she replied.