Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I entered Noël's room, inhaling deeply. This was it, our goodbye. I walked closer to her bed and grabbed her hand gently.

-"Today's the day Noël, I'm leaving in four hours", I said, almost in a whisper.

The tubes plugged on her were giving me a stomach ache. It was all too surreal, the beeping machine was the only thing letting me know that my best friend was still alive.

-"I'm going to miss you... a lot", I continued.

I could've stayed there for hours, just looking at her and being close to where my hope held.

-"I thought about it Noël, and I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna go to the X-Factor like you wanted me to and win this thing, for you and me. I'll make you proud", I promised.

FLASH BACK

Noël's eyes were fixed on the TV, she was smiling like an idiot every time Demi's face appeared on the screen. She was rooting for Cece. Even though Cece's attitude at the audition left me bitter, I had to say she was getting better every time she stepped on the X-Factor stage. My gaze was going from the TV to Noël as an amused grin appeared on my face.

-"What?" Noël asked looking at me as if I were crazy.

-"Nothing, I just feel like this is perfect" I explained pointing her and than myself with my index finger.

-"Awn" She smiled. "I love you too Dickens, but you know what would make this even more perfect?" She asked giving me a gentle push on the shoulder.

-" No, what?" I questioned raising an eyebrow amused.

-"You being on that stage right now", she beamed.

-"No way, Noël! I don't have half the talent they have", I argued, vigorously shaking my head.

-"You're right because you absolutely have twice the talent they'll ever hope to have!", she smirked, "Next year, you're going to audition", she said proudly.

-" Hahahahaha!!" I laughed, "You are insane Noël" I grinned.

-"You'll see, next year we'll be in that line, waiting for you to audition and win that contest!", she replied bringing her gaze back to the television, "Now shhh my Demi is talking!", she exclaimed making me giggle. I fixed my eyes on Demi, I had to admit that she is an extremely gorgeous girl.

END OF FLASH BACK

I sighed, letting our past and our present mingle in my head. Noël was the only real friend I ever had. She had always been there for me and stood up for me every time it was necessary. Without her, my life would've been hell. I squeezed her hand one last time and smiled sadly.

-"you take care of yourself Noël, I love you", I said. I walked towards the door and threw her one last look before I took my first step towards my new life. LA, I thought to myself sadly, here I come.

[...]

I squeezed my suitcase's handle looking at my mom awkwardly. It was time to say goodbye.

-"You should go, before you miss your flight", mom smiled shyly.

-"Yeah, probably", I replied knowing very well that we were both fully aware that my plane would not be boarding for another three hours.

She handed out  her hand to me, I took it in mine and shook it awkwardly.

-"I'll see you later I guess", I said.

-"Yeah, have fun with your dad", she replied calmly playing with her keys.