Chapter 5

Chapter 5

 I held on tightly to the steering wheel, helplessly trying to calm down. Today was the X-Factor audition. I had never been this scared and excited at the same time in my whole life. I felt like my heart could jump out of my chest at any second. No one knew I was here, except Noël, but did she even know? I barely had any news of her. She was still in a coma, that's all I knew. I missed her to death and I couldn't wait to hold her in my arms even if she couldn't hug me back. I missed everything about her, I felt so lost and alone without her. The only person I knew here was Jake and still he was getting worse every day. The treatments weren't having the expected results. He wasn't even living with us anymore, he stayed at the hospital. My dad visited him every day and I tried my best to go see him as often as possible but it was hard  to go in hospitals. For me, they equaled Liam's death and Noël's coma. I didn't want it to be the place where I remembered Jake. I wanted to remember him laughing in my dad's living room, not dying in a hospital bed. I opened my eyes, letting go of the steering wheel. I pushed the car  door open and got out pressing the lock button on the car's remote. A locking sound echoed in the air as I put my sunglasses on, sighing because of the heat. There was a huge line in front of me. I looked down at my outfit, suddenly doubting it. I was wearing a high-waisted jean skirt with a white crop top that said 'Double Trouble' and my black converse. I pushed my brown wavy hair off my shoulders trying to cool down a bit. I started walking towards the crowd, putting my keys in my black leather bag. There were people everywhere and it took four hours before I could  even see the registering tables. Bored out of my mind, praying for a distraction I looked down as my phone joyfully rang.

-"Hello?", I asked pushing my sunglasses up my nose.

-"Hey, where are you?", Jake's husky voice echoed through the phone.

-"Hum, I'm waiting in line for something", I said briefly, fanning myself with my free hand as I scrunched up my nose, annoyed by the humidity and the sweat pearling on my forehead.

-"Well, are you almost done? Cause there's only two hours left before my surgery", he replied nervously.

-"Oh shit, Jake! I totally forgot", I said guiltily. 

-"I figured", he sighed, "I'm glad I called you! Now get your gay ass in here".

-"Jake", I trailed off, "I'm sorry but I can't make it".

-"What do you mean Olivia? What are you doing that could possibly be more important than me?", he said frustratedly.

-"It's not like that Jake, this important to me", I pleaded.

-"More important than my life?", he snapped.

-"Jake, I...", I begun before he cut me off.

-"Don't even bother ok, if I die I hope you'll have that on your conscience for the rest of your life", he replied harshly before hanging up. The beeping sound made me jump a little, it reminded me too much of Liam's death at the hospital. When his heart had stopped beating, that's  the sound we heard. The sound of the end. I hated that sound.

-"Hi what's your name", a voice asked. I looked to my left and smiled at the brown haired girl who was wearing glasses.

-"Hi", I said politely,"I'm Olivia, how about you?".

-"Dannie", she smiled and observed me silently making me really uncomfortable.

-"I love your glasses", I said trying to be polite and keep the conversation going.

-"I read books", she replied quickly making things even more uncomfortable than they were before. I smiled awkwardly before looking away. God, she was weird.