Magazines

It was 2 days after we had visited the surf club and confirmed our date for the wedding. We had come up with a list of people we wanted to invite and it had come to about 150 overall, but only 50 were coming for the actual ceremony , we wanted to make that a smaller affair. We had paid for the venue which , unluckily , had taken a large chunk out of our small budget, we only had about $1100 left so we had been looking for any opportunities to gain money. Jesse had entered into some surf comps which had prize money, they were in a few weeks time so he was surfing every day to train.

It was during one of these training sessions when a offer came up for me to get some dosh.

I was sitting at home one morning when I received a email.

hi Miss Trini

My name is Megan and I am from who! magazine. We are currently running a ' be body beautiful' campaign and we were wondering if you would like to participate in the photoshoot. You will be required to do a range of shots, including swimwear shots. You will then be required to do a interview if desired and you will be paid for your time. Please reply to this email with your confirmation. Thank you very much.

" wow they want me?" I said aloud to myself " meee?!" I thought for a while, we did need the money, and I had got photo shoot experience from the MBK and FTW clothes. I was relatively confident at the moment with my body, I was a toned size 10-12 and I was definitely not one of those stick thin, thigh gap models, I wanted to show that real women are bigger, I wanted to do it! so I emailed them back!

Hi Megan, I would be honoured to come and do the photo shoot and interview. When and Where? :D thank you so much , Jorja

It wasn't long before I got a reply from them

Hi Jorja that's brilliant, We can work around you if you like, although the sooner the better really.

I got up and checked the calendar, I wasn't working tomorrow but Jesse was, I could do it then.

Tomorrow is a good time for me, if not Friday would work as well.

Tomorrow would be fabulous, we have been really struggling to find someone and the magazine goes into print soon.

She told me where to meet her and the crew at 10am and what to do and bring. Just freshly washed hair and no make up, everything else would be done there. I was going to be paid $200 for the shoot and interview which was brilliant!

Jesse arrived home later that morning, " hey babe, how was training?" I asked kissing him

" great, there was some great waves today" he smiled " what've you been up to then?"

" not much, though I do have some good news" I smiled brightly " I got some wedding money in"

" oh that's great!, what have you done?"

" I am doing a photo shoot and interview with who magazine for there ' be body beautiful ' campaign , I'm getting $200 for a few photos! how greats that!"

" brilliant, but what sort of pictures?" he asked

" clothes and swimwear, its to show women who have real bodies with flaws and are confident in their own skin"

" sounds brilliant , but you don't have flaws" He smiled

" your just trying to get brownie points aren't you?" I laughed as Jesse pulled me up onto his lap.

* Next day*

" see you later, good luck for today" jesse whispered, kissing me as I was half awake