bodies off the rocks

a few days later me, Jesse and bacon were patrolling bronte beach, it was unusually cloudy so the beach was pretty empty. we were sitting in the bronte tower and were watching the water when I looked up at the cliff face, I looked around that area and at the bottom of the cliff I briefly saw the water splash upwards. weird, I thought, I grabbed the binoculars and looked up and around that area, must have been a rock or bird I thought to myself before refocusing on the water.

*few hours later*

the day was going pretty quietly until I saw a surfer paddle back far out past the waves, I saw him sit astride his board and stare into the water, he went under water and then resurfaced, I noticed him struggling around in the water for a bit before raising his arm. " gotta go!" I exclaimed running out the tower with Jesse, I stripped off as we ran down to the waters edge and I grabbed the rescue board and went in, Jesse stayed ashore in case I needed anything.

it took a while to get out and when I got closer to the surfer I saw a sight I wished I would never see, a sight that made me sick to the stomach, the sight would haunt me forever.

the surfer was holding up 2 bodies, both only teenagers, there was a girl and boy. he had put the bodies over his board and I looked at the surfer who was as grey as a sheet. That's when I realised what the splash was by the cliffs earlier, it was a suicide.

I looked back at the beach and signalled for Jesse, I gave the 3 pulls of the chain resus signal, even though I knew these kids were dead, their faces were all smashed up from hitting the rocks and there was no pulse, and it had been a few hours since I saw the splash. I looked at the surfer

" where'd you find them mate?" I asked

" they were underwater, I saw the shadow and thought it was a shark so I didn't move, then they came to the surface so I dived under to pull them up, I'm a ex lifeguard" he said

Jesse was paddling towards us, I looked at him and shook my head, he got closer and saw the bodies himself, Jesse to turned grey

" bacon has got bondi jetski to come round" jesse said, he looked back to the beach and signalled to bacon, deceased, we pulled the bodies more sturdily onto our rescue boards. The two teens looked about 16/17, we were all silent as we waited for the jetski to appear, we looked around the point to see the Jet ski hurtling towards us, crashing through the waves.

It slowed down as it came closer to us and I could see it was maxi and whippet on the ski, they pulled up near us and whippet picked up the radio and radioed through to the tower at bondi, " yeah Kobi, its a deceased one" maxi and whippet looked gravely at the scene in front of them. Whippet radioed bacon " yeah mate get some towels ready, were gonna have to bring them in"

I looked to the beach and saw the cameramen turn up in a van with Kerrbox, they had driven from bondi to assist but I really didn't want the camera's there, couldn't they give us some privacy.

Maxi pulled both the bodies onto the mat and held onto both their hands, I jumped on and lay over the girls body whilst the surfer lay over the mans to hold the bodies in place, Jesse went and swam both of the rescue boards in. As we drove in I couldn't look at the bodies, I turned and looked over at the rocks, anywhere that meant I didn't have to look at her dead, cold body.

we got to shore and whippet turned the ski side on, we lifted the bodies off the mat and brought them to shore. Kerrbox and Bacon had cleared a spot for us, luckily the beach was quiet, they came rushing up with towels to cover the bodies, as we placed the bodies down I noticed something on the girls neck, it was a necklace with half a heart on it, it was on of those ones that you can link with another persons, on it was half a quote, it said on her's 'together', I looked at the boy and saw he had the other half, I turned it over to see the word 'forever'.

I reeled back, they were boyfriend and girlfriend!. 

I walked off down the beach towards the rocks at the end of Bronte feeling like I was about to vomit. I walked onto a rock ledge and stood there, looking down I noticed blood on my hands, it was their blood. I bent over, my stomach suddenly cramped and I vomited into the sea once I had finished I furiously scrubbed at my hands getting the blood off, I then collapsed onto a rock and the tears began to flow, all I could see was their faces floating in the ocean, if only I had gone to investigate sooner they might still be alive. The tears were still flowing when I felt a hand on my back, I looked up to see Jesse standing over me, he sat down next to me and I leaned into his chest which was still wet from the rescue, I rested my head on his shoulders and he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead " the first is always the worst" he said " it will get easier"

I felt Jesse turn his head around and then he whispered " don't turn around until your ready, there's a camera being pointed at you" we sat like this for a few more minutes

" I could have helped them jesse, they could have been saved" I sobbed

" none of this was your fault, why would you even say that" Jesse exclaimed

" I saw a big splash by the cliffs, it was probably them and If I had gone in they would still be alive, they were boyfriend and girlfriend as well"

" that could have been anything jorja, they had been dead for a while anyway" he soothed whilst stroking my hair.

I felt another person come up behind me, it was bacon and maxi, Kerrbox was with the coppers giving a statement with the surfer. Bacon sat next to me and put his arm around my shoulders, maxi sat in front of us and took my hands in his, " it will get easier, and think their families can now have closure on the death rather than searching for the body" bacon soothed

" when your ready guys the coppers want a statement from you both as you were the second people to come across them" maxi said

I sat up and wiped my eyes, " I'm ready" Bacon helped me up and gave me a hug, followed by maxi. Jesse put his arms round me and walked with me over the rocks onto the sand, I kept my head down as I knew the camera's were there and I knew they would want an interview on it later.

I walked up to the coppers and gave my statement, saying where and when I saw the bodies and giving the description. I felt sick again having to relive it all again but Jesse was next to me the whole time comforting me.

We were allowed to go home after the coppers had gone, I went in the shower when I got in and scrubbed my body clean of blood, sand, salt and guilt. I then climbed straight into bed not even bothering to dry my hair, I lay there with their faces still in my mind, the colour of them and the blood that had spurted from the cuts on their heads, I shuddered at the thought and rolled over.

I didn't remember falling asleep or Jesse coming in to bed but I remembered the nightmare

the girl and boys face floating around, their hands separating as they were ripped apart from each others grasp, the look of disappointment, the cry for help.

I awoke with a gasp, the tears began flowing. I didn't want to wake Jesse, he had suffered with it as much as me and I was being selfish in the way I acted, he had done the ride to prevent this and yet he had seen these kids die from the cause that he had raised awareness for, I need to think off him and not always be the one to be comforted, I needed to deal with some stuff myself. I quietly slipped out of bed still crying and walked into the living room, I opened the window in the lounge that looked out on to the street and stood there, trying to stop the tears myself.

I must have been there for 10 minutes when I felt two muscular arms slide round my waist and a head appeared on my shoulders, it was Jesse.

" you should have woken me yourself, rather than being alone out here" Jesse whispered in my ear, I leant my head back into the crook of his neck and we stayed there, just looking out over the street and at the stars. My eyes finally dried and Jesse lead me back into the bedroom, I slid in and turned to face Jesse, he lay on his back and I rested my head on his toned upper chest as he wrapped his arms around me.

We spent the rest of the night in this position.

hope you like it!

please follow, read , vote and comment ect

love you all xx