Bondi Rescue

It was getting closer and closer to Christmas so the Bondi Rescue camera men had turned up to start filming the series in December, so once again I was surrounded by yet more men! They were going to film me for the series as apparently the viewers would love a female lifeguard! 

 "I'll make a fool of myself" I groaned to Jesse one morning on the way to Bondi "Knowing me I'll probably fall and hurt myself or do some stupid thing! And I highly doubt they would love a female lifeguard, the majority of the female viewers will probably get pissed off that I spend so much time with you!" I was remembering how I felt when Brooke and Tamika were on the team, I wanted to be them and was so jealous that they got to spend everyday with the lifeguards. Thinking back to those times I cringed at the thought and mentally slapped myself, god I was such a dick!

When we arrived the camera men were setting up to film the opening scenes and interviews for the first scene where they introduce the series. Harries was speaking under the tower to a camera as me and Jesse poked our heads in, the camera men hadn't seen us but Harries had. Suddenly I had a thought, I looked at Jesse and he nodded back, knowing exactly what we had to do...

We both started dancing behind the camera crew trying to make Harries laugh and ruin his interview. We pulled stupid faces and danced in the most ridiculous ways possible. Maxi, Bacon and Whippet had seen us from the tower and came down to join us, Harries was struggling to keep a straight face and remain calm as we all started to do Gangam style followed by the Macarena. The final straw was when all 5 of us began to thrust our hips forward and gyrate in the air, Harries exploded into laughter as the camera men all turned around to see us there.

Harries stood up " I'm gonna get you!" He laughed and he started to walk towards us, we knew were in for it!

We all sprinted down the beach as Harries struggled to get past the camera equipment, we had a good head start as Harries finally got out the tunnel, but as he is one of the fastest soft sand runners in Australia he caught up to us pretty quickly! He breezed past Whippet who was at the back of the pack and sped towards me and Jesse who had initiated the whole thing. Maxi and Bacon tried to hold him back as a laugh but he pushed past them and laughed " I'm gonna get you guys!" as he sprinted closer to us.

We were nearly at south end when he got me, he picked me up and ran towards the waves "I was in the middle of an interview and it was going brilliantly, when you two start thrusting at me, ruining the whole thing! You're gonna pay for that!" he laughed.

 I was laughing so hard I couldn't even resist or fight back as Harries threw me in the water, dumping me straight under a wave. I coughed and spluttered as I sat up because I was still laughing at the whole situation, and I noticed the camera men had been filming the entire way and caught the whole thing on tape. Looking round I saw that Jesse was behind Harries and had somehow got a large bucket of water! He launched the bucket upwards and the water came flooding down all over Harries.

Harries gasped in shock as the cold water hit the back of his body, Jesse ran forward and grabbed me up out of the waves, I was now barely unable to walk with laughter and I saw that Bacon and Maxi were also lying around on the floor screaming with laughter, Tom was standing there with them, he was the one who had obviously brought down the bucket for Jesse to fill with seawater. Harries then pushed Jesse hard into the water and he fell over in the surf.

Laughing I gasped " Time out, Time out!" as my stomach was now aching in pain with all the laughter "Oh my god I've got abs now!"  

Jesse stood up and laughed "Well now we're even!" We were all standing there, dripping wet and laughing like mad men. Once we had composed ourselves enough to actually take a step we began to walk back up to the tower, where the camera men and boys were all wetting themselves at the sight of 3 drowned rats walking back up the beach.

The camera men rushed towards us " We got all of that on camera!" said one man smiling like the Cheshire Cat. "I'm John by the way" he said shaking my hand " You must be Jorja, the temporary lifeguard?" John asked

"Yep that's  me " I said as I squeezed the water out my top.

" I was just wondering would you like to be a regular fixture in the series or not, like Johnny Robinson?" John asked referring to the lifeguard that didn't feature much on the show.

I really don't mind!" I said wringing out my hair " If the public like me then yeah I will feature a bit, but not too much as I guarantee most of the time I will be making a complete fool of myself!"  John laughed at my comment.

"Don't worry, the public will love you! You're funny, likeable, British and pretty, everyone will love you!" John exclaimed "Now go dry off and we will have a chat with you on camera when you're done!"

Me and Jesse walked over to the changing rooms where there were some dry lifeguard uniforms. We grabbed the uniforms and put the clean shirt and shorts on before walking back over to the tower where the boys were, it was a quiet midweek day so the beach was pretty empty apart from a couple of groups of people. The boys on today were Itchy, Matt Dee, Harries, Whippet, Maxi and Tom, who were all chatting in the tower. I walked down to the tunnel and saw Hoppo talking to the camera "Yeah so this year we've got a new temporary lifeguard all the way from England, Jorja. She's been quick to pick everything up, but has had hiccups along the way, but honestly her biggest strength is her passion for people and the job" 

"That's great Hop!" John said as the camera's stopped. He turned around and saw me standing at the entrance, "Hey Jorja come on in" He motioned me forward to  the chair where Hoppo was sitting before and told me to sit down. "Now, I want you to talk about where you come from and how you managed to get the opportunity to work here" John said as the camera men began to flick on the cameras again "Ok now go!" he instructed.

I swallowed and began to start talking " Hi my name's Jorja and I got the amazing opportunity to work here. I grew up in England and got to come to Bondi after donating over £10,000 to Maxi and Jesse for the ride. I won the Bondi Lifeguard experience and because I lived in England, Hoppo offered me a temporary job for a long experience, so yeah I'm a very lucky girl!" John motioned for me to keep going "I have been here for a couple months now and have already had to deal with a lot of situations, and although I'm not that experienced with the rescue boards just yet I'm ready for the big crowds ahead this summer"

"Brilliant Jorja you're a natural  in front of the camera!" John exclaimed "The public will love you, I think you're going to be a popular one on the show, now at the end of the season or a busy day we may call you in to do a interview about the event that happened. But we'll let you know as we go along, see you in a bit Jorja!"

I thanked the guys and walked out the tunnel past Maxi who was about to head in to speak. As I headed up the steps I couldn't get this niggling thought out of my head.

Would the public really like me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE READ!

1140 READS!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!  I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU ALL LIKE THE STORY SO MUCH, I REMEBER IT BEING A BIG DEAL WHEN I REACHED 10 READS NOW I HAVE 1140!! IF I COULD KISS YOU ALL I WOULD!

SO TO THANK YOU I AM REDOING THE BONDI PAIRINGS! MESSAGE ME PRIVATLEY WITH WHO YOU WANT AS YOUR DREAM BOYFRIEND E.G. MAXI CHAPPO GONZO I WILL DO ANY OF THE LIFEGUARDS AND ALSO PROVIDE YOUR NAME,AGE AND TYPE OF STORY E.G. ROMANCE, EMOTIONAL AND I WILL DO IT AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE  IT WILL BE SHORT BUT HOPEFULLY GOOD 

SORRY THERE WAS NO UPDATE LAST NIGHT IT WAS MY MUMS 40TH AND I WAS QUITE DRUNK AND TIRED SO I COULDNT UPDATE SOWIEE

I LOVE YOU ALL THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU XX