Christmas Day- Part 2

We walked out the apartment and headed down to the car with the bag of presents for the boys, passing other apartment rooms we could hear children waking up and shrieking with delight at what Santa had bought them.

We got in the car and drove down to Bondi, the beach already had a few people scattered on it, mainly backpackers. Me and Jesse walked to the tower and opened the door.

"Merry Christmas!" we both yelled walking up to the front of the tower.

"Merry Christmas!" we heard back, on Christmas duty was Beardy, Azza, Harries, Kerrbox, Chappo and Gonzo they were all sitting at the front of the tower. The flags were already up and the boards all out.

"You had a good Christmas so far?" Gonzo asked.

"Yep!  Jesse got me some amazing stuff, some of Matt Dee's and My Brothers Keeper range, he got me these sunglasses too and a days horse riding for us both! It's amazing" I said with a huge smile.

"And Jorja got me a new board, its great!" Jesse said coming up behind me.

" Don't worry guys, we didn't forget about you, we got you all presents as well!" I said pulling presents out of the bag. I handed them out to the boys and watched them open them  with smiles on their faces.

Beardy got into his present first, he pulled out a hammer " Um, thanks guys" he said uncertainly, me and Jesse smiled at him.

"Take it out the packaging!" I said. Beardy pulled the plastic wrapper off the hammer and began laughing as the hammer flopped around in his hand. " It might make your carpenting job more fun!" I laughed.

Jesse added "Might even make it better!"

" Fuck off Jess! My work is great!" he laughed " Thanks guys! where the hell did you find a joke hammer?!" he laughed

"Internet can find you a lot of things!" Me and Jesse laughed.

Harries was next to unwrap his present, his was a mug that said on the front ' lifeguards make better lovers' He laughed when he saw the message "Oh and it's so true as well darlin' " Harries laughed.

We had bought Azza a surfboard leg rope as his had broken the other day "Cheers guys!" he said "I really needed this!"

Kerrbox had been given a Bon Jovi wig as he regularly head banged to bon jovi and the mullet style wig seemed to make it even funnier to watch "Haha thanks guys!" Kerrbox laughed  

We had bought Chappo a book, he turned it over to see the cover  and laughed " The easy guide to getting over your fears of rats and snakes! Thanks guys!" we all laughed knowing how much chappo was scared of rats and snakes.

I turned to Gonzo and he unwrapped his present, pulling it out the packaging all the boys started laughing, he held up the apron with a semi naked mans chest on it, putting it on all the boys started to burst with laughter " Oh my god that's brilliant!" Kerrbox laughed wiping tears of laughter from his eyes.

"Thanks guys, I will use it everyday!" Gonzo said jokingly.

One by one all the boys came and hugged me and Jesse, they then gave us their presents to us. We both got some really nice stuff such as cosmetics, DVDs and vouchers for me, Jesse got booze, chocolates and some surfing stuff too.  

We all thanked each other before heading out to our posts, the beach was filling up, you could see children coming down with there new toys and surfboards and backpackers started to arrive in large groups all with santa hats on and music.

I was down in middle south with Jesse today and was ready for the busy day ahead ...

Almost instantly we noticed a woman fall off the bank, Jesse sped in to get her and the rescue went smoothly.

 "Good job !" I said as he walked out. Jesse had just sat back in the rhino when I saw 2 tourists going under quickly "Go go go!" I yelled to Jesse as I stripped quickly and ran in with the other board, Jesse headed out to the man in the back who was in more trouble. I paddled quickly out to the man closer to shore, I pulled him onto the board and lay him on his front, looking back at Jesse I saw he had the man on his board and they were both ok.

"Sorry, the wa.. water is fast!" the tourist said in broken english when we got back to shore.

"It's ok, but next time swim up between the flags!" I said pointing up the beach.

"Oh ok" he said before walking off. Jesse's patient had already left and he was placing the board back in the stand.

"Shit that was close, well done for seeing them quickly!" he said. We sat back in the rhino and continued to watch the rip .

The beach was now incredibly busy, there must have been 25,000 on the sand and 10,000 in the water, the flags were overflowing with people, meaning more people were straying out into rips  making our job harder. We ended up pulling at least 400 people in over the next hour, combined with the heat, we were all exhausted from doing so many rescues, and it was only 10 oclock. I radioed the tower where Gonzo was as an idea came to my mind.

"Hey Gonz, is there anywhere we can put up some more flags its going nuts down here!" I said as Jesse ran in yet again for another swimmer.

"We were just talking about that, we're gonna put some up just in front of the tower. So you just need to heard the crowd in there!" Gonzo said.

"Alright copy that" I replied as Jesse came up to the rhino  "They're putting up another set of flags in front of the tower"

" Sweet, that should help, who's manning it?" Jesse asked.

"Hey Gonz who's watching that new set?"

"Azza's on the ski and Yatesy is on his way to be Santa, so can you watch it alone until he gets down?" Gonzo said.

" Alone?" I said nervously.

"Yeah only for a few minutes until Yatesy arrives, it's the flags so there's no rip, its easier than the rips please Simba just until Yatesys down here" 

"Sure, I'll go there now, whos bringing the flags?"

"Harries is on his way now" Gonzo said

I walked over to the spot and saw Harries setting up the flags, " I'm going to get people in here from the rips, Azza is herding them in now on the ski, good luck darlin' " Harries smiled at me before walking off.

I stood there ready for my first single patrol, on Christmas day of all days!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

2112 READS OMG WHATS GOING ON!!!!! CANT BELIVE IT I LOVE YOU ALL SOOO MUCH!!!

SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SPANNING ON FOR SO LONG, HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO ACTUALLY SIT DOWN AND WRITE IN ABOUT 1 WEEK BEEN SOOO BUSY

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW PLEASE WILL FOLLOW ANYBODY BACK WHO DOES FOLLOW ME

LOVE YOU ALL XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX