“Faget!” she hissed. I raised my middle finger to her pleasantly. “Shailer isn’t a cigarette, you dumb bitch. You better check yourself before you’re Tattle’s next hot topic,” Clyde snapped. The girl smirked at him now. “You would know all about that Clyde, wouldn’t you?” He glared and I rested my hand on his arm gently. “Drop it,” I hissed.

                “I hate when people call you faget,” Clyde grumbled. “And I love it,” I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. He sighed. “You know what I mean, Shai.” I nodded. “Indeed, I do. But I actually do kind of like being called a faget. It reminds me that I have a higher intelligence than my insulter, and that I am clearly on a much more mature level,” I said with a nod.

                Clyde laughed and nodded. “True that, Shailer. You tell them!” he cheered. “Yea! I like boys! Get inside me!” I screamed. The teacher whipped around and glared at me. “Shailer Murphy! Principal’s office right now!” she shrieked.

                I stood up and grinned, slinging my bag over my shoulder and smacking Clyde on the head as he exploded into laughter. I gratefully left the Spanish classroom and made my way towards the principal’s office.

                I let myself into the secretary’s office and she looked up at me and rolled her eyes. “Good evening, Mr. Murphy,” she greeted and nodded at one of the seats across from her desk. I sat down and set my bag next to me.

                “What are you in for?” she asked as she went back to stamping bus notes for kids. Someone was probably in getting chewed out by the principal right now. Poor sucker. That guy sure knew how to yell his old lungs right out.

                “I yelled out an inappropriate thing during Spanish class,” I said with a casual shrug. She sighed. “Again?” I grinned and nodded. “Yea. My bad. I guess I need to learn to watch my mouth,” I said, not actually caring at all. I said what I said. Speak first, figure out what you said later. That didn’t exactly make life easy, but it made it honest.

                But, unlike stupid Tattle, I only said things that concerned me. I tried my best not to get involved in other peoples’ affairs. Honestly, I just didn’t care to. People could keep their drama to themselves. I had my own problems to deal with. Anyone else’s problems were just an extra burden I didn’t need to bare.

                The secretary’s door opened and I spun around to see who else would be joining me to wait for a fat old man to spit in their face while they day dreamt about excited hot men in very tight jeans. I made a face and turned back around, reaching into my bag and pulling out a Stephen King novel I was currently reading.

                “Tattle,” the secretary said dryly. She didn’t even have to ask what he had done this time. Jessica or one of her friends had probably complained about Tattle spreading the gossip and whatnot. He got called down to the office a lot.

                I got called down to the office a fair amount. Not too much, but enough to be known and recognized by the principal and his secretary. Teachers usually knew me when I got into their classes as a bigmouth, but I could behave when I really tried to. I really wasn’t that bad of a kid. I just liked to talk. Not like Tattle, though. I don’t think anyone liked to talk like he did. Annoying worthless little shit. He was a disgrace to human kind.

                Even the staff knew and called him as Tattle. I honestly think everyone had forgotten his real first name. Hell if I could remember it, and hell if I even cared to. If it weren’t for the online school records and the yearbooks, I think his name would have been completely forgotten, even by himself.