Farther And Farther

(This Chapter is from Diamond's Eyes)

I followed Vix down the staircase, wondering where it led to. Was it long, or would it end soon? To my surprise, we hit the floor almost immediately. Vix turned and nodded to me, and I smiled a little. There was this dim, blue-ish light somewhere in the distance, lighting the hall a little.
"I think we've found the basement," Vix murmured, and I nodded, staying close behind her. She glanced to me first, then started forward to the first turn of the hall. The suspense felt like it was building as we turned the corner, but what was seen? Another turn. Vix hesitated for a moment, then turned right. I followed her around the corner to... another turn. We turned left. After we turned left, there was yet another choice.
"Okay, is this some sort of maze or something?" Vix growled, and I shrugged, not really sure how to answer. She made a small huff, then turned right. I was wondering why we kept choosing the opposite direction after every turn.
"Why is it left, right, left, right?" I asked, and Vix turned left around the next turn.
"Because if we always choose the opposite one, we end up going straight," Vix replied, tuning right now. We were walking faster now, almost running down the maze. I thought I heard some small voices from somewhere, almost through the wall... maybe that was just me. But we kept turning right, left, right, left...
After a left turn, we stopped. There was a room! Vix stormed inside, but as we stepped in, we saw a big screen. It flashed on, showing a dark face. All you could see were her eyes.
"Hello girls. You've gotten this far, but you still haven't found Louis and Harry. Sometimes, going straight isn't the right way. After all, neither of them are straight, are they?" She chuckled a little, and I felt fury rise in me. What a jerk! "Take the right turns. You may or may not find your way." The screen flashed off.
"What the hell?" Vix muttered, glaring at the screen. In the room was nothing; it had concrete walls and floor. The maze had various pipes along the ceiling and the walls were made of brick. The floor was most likely concrete as well. What is this place? I remembered, though, as we went into the maze I got colder. We must be underground...
"Maybe we should head back?" I squeaked, not knowing what to do now.
"We'll get lost!" Vix hissed, and she started pacing back and forth within the room. I shook my head, thoughts racing through my brain. How would we get out? When do we know we've completed the maze? Are we even supposed to be going through a maze at all?
"If we stay right the whole time..." I started, but stopped, thinking a little.
"We'll keep going in circles," Vix grunted, and I nodded once, crossing my arms and trying to think a little more. But something clicked to me- Eleanor said 'Take the right turns.' Maybe by right, he meant... RIGHT!
"Vix!" I snapped, turning to her. She stopped pacing and raised an eyebrow. "Eleanor said 'Take the RIGHT turns.' Maybe that does mean right, as in the side!"
"Clever!" Vix commented, and held a thumbs up. With those words, we turned and dashed out of the room, our first turn being right.