Scuba-Diving

"Are you ready yet, Louis?" I called to the bathroom door. Louis popped out. "Yup." He replied and grabbed his foot flippers. I snatched up mine and we clicked off the lights.
"Wait," Louis said. I turned around with my hand on the doorknob. Louis edged closer and I felt the heat coming off of me. "We won't be able to date until night," he whispered. I swallowed and nodded. My throat felt dry and it hurt a little bit.
Louis leaned forward and kissed me for about seven seconds. Once he pulled away I was breathing deeply for air. "I love you," Louis told me for the one-thousandth time. "I love you too," I responded back for the one-thousandth time as well. Even after one thousand times it never got old and it always made my heartbeat increase greatly.
I turned the knob and opened the door. As I stepped out Rob, Steven and Gemma also walked out of the door across the hallway "Where's Gemma, Steven, and Rob?" I asked "Gemma's still sleeping and Steven and Rob is already down in the lobby waiting for us."Steven Said. Louis followed behind me. Steven came after Rob and then Gemma.
"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get a cab and go to the beach!" Steven called to us. Everybody snapped out of their daydreaming and we walked to the elevator.
When we stepped in, a teenage boy was sitting in there. A pen was on the ground and the kid just sat there. Once we were all in I leaned down to pick up the pen. "THAT'S MINE!" The boy screamed at me and I flinched and stood up. "Okay, okay I'm sorry." The kid kept looking at the wall like I said nothing. I inched down to pick it up and give it to him, but he just shouted, "THAT'S MINE!" again. "If it's yours, why won't you pick it up!?" I retorted sharply. This kid was really getting on my nerves.
The elevator doors opened to the lobby and the kid was still there. He didn't move. He never responded to me. Something is wrong with him, I thought to myself. "That was awkward," Louis told me. "That kid kept screaming it was his pen, and yet he didn't pick it up." I shrugged. "So many people need help these days," I sighed and everyone started laughing.
We got outside of the building and Gemma waved an arm out. A taxi drove over. He asked something in spanish once we got in, and I'm pretty sure it was, "Where are we going?" Gemma responded what must of been the beach in spanish, and the cab driver nodded. He blended in with the traffic and started to head to the beach.
After around ten minutes we pulled up to the surfing shop. Gemma handed the driver some mexican money and thanked him in spanish.
Steven stopped in front of the surf shop. "Okay, we need five sets of scuba gear, right?" Louis, Gemma, Rob, and I nodded.
Before we knew it we were coated in scuba gear and were heading to the waves. I have never scuba-dived before and excitement filled my veins. Would it be easy? Questions filled my mind. Sand found its way through my toes and on my bare feet. It felt nice and warm under the sunlight.
Eventually we got to the waves and everyone slipped their duck-like flippers on our feet. "Ready everyone?" Gemma called. All of us cheered. Without hesitation we stepped into the water.
My heart started to pound. I looked to the distance for a moment, and I remembered Louis' ocean eyes. The ocean was lapping on the shore excitedly, as if they really were Louis' eyes. I was now last to get in and I dove under water.
The cool water rushed past me as I kicked through the waves. The ocean floor got farther away by the second, but everyone was comfortable with it.
We passed a colorful coral reef and I gaped at it's beauty. So much color. So much personality. The schools of fish rushed past me in unison and I smiled. Pushing my legs to go faster, I swam up to Louis. We swam side by side. Gemma and Steven were having a sand fight, and Rob was feeling and swimming around a huge rock. Sand slowly came to me and hit me in the chest. I looked up and saw Liam pointing and laughing, bubbles rising from his suit.
I dove down and grabbed a handful of sand and chucked it at Steven. As it successfully landed on Steven's headwear, I laughed and pointed.
Four hours passed and all of us were dead tired in the taxi cab. When it pulled up we gave the driver a tip and hopped out. We slowly got to the doors of the hotel and stepped inside. The elevator doors opened and the kid was there again. Oh great. Not again. But to my surprise, there was no pen.
We stepped in and pressed the 7 in the bright circle. The boy was staring at me. He got a little closer and then his eyes bugged out. "You're one of THEM!" he gasped and skidded backwards, pinned against the corner of the elevator. Annoyed, I stared at him with no expression as he breathed in and out like he was in a cage with a hungry lion.
Relief came to me as the elevator made a dinging noise and the doors slid open. That kid did NOT take his eyes off me the whole time. It was like he expected me to leap out and strangle him. Maybe I should.
"Okay, Harry and Louis, change into normal swimming suites while me, Rob and Raja will change as well. We can head down to the pool and relax." Steven explained to everybody. We all nodded and walked into our rooms.
Louis and I got changed quickly and kissed a few times. Once we were out of the room, Gemma, Rob and Steven were ready. "Let's go!"