Echos

(This Chapter is from Adam's Eyes)

Door after door, I still didn't find anything. I found some objects- Harry's favorite things. I found his favorite pair of converse and gloves, and his Pink Floyd t-shirt. But more importantly, I didn't find Harry.
I was at the last classroom before it led down another hallway now, so I opened the door and saw another mold-covered room. I found the teacher's desk, which was covered in cobwebs. I sighed a little and brushed away the cobwebs, expecting to find nothing. But my fingers brushed against cloth, and I froze, peering at my fingers. Quickly, I ripped away the rest of the cobwebs and saw something folded up. I coughed from the dust rising and picked up the fabric. It unfolded into... black skinny jeans. And not just any pair of black skinny jeans, but Harry's favorite pair. I felt some tears gather in my eyes, the worry for my husband building.
I held the jeans close, along with the converse and shirt. The gloves were in my back pocket. They all smelled like Harry, and dammit I could't describe how much I was missing him. It was like being in the Appellation Mountains all over again; just creepier. And hopefully a lot shorter, too.
I turned the corner to the left, and gasped as I saw two doors- the school doors! I reached the end of the school already...? I ran forward and pushed the doors, but nothing happened. They didn't budge. God, no...
I whimpered a little and pushed again, this time with more force. Still no movement. I threw myself agains the doors again, and they were as still as a rock. I sighed in frustration. This had to be the way out of the school and to Harry, right?
I flung my body at the door, and there was a small creak. As I pulled away to jump again, I felt a little wet. Confused, I looked down at my arm, and choked on air. My entire arm was bloody! Where was I cut!? I searched for a wound anywhere, but was unsuccessful. Then, I noticed blood on the door, too. Maybe I wasn't bleeding at all... I stepped back a few feet, and saw yet another message painted in blood on the doors. I narrowed my eyes to see what it said.
"'You push me out, when you really should pull me close,'" I read aloud to myself, and thought. What does this mean? Is this one of those things Eleanor wants revenge for, or does this have to do with Harry or even the door....
The door!
I rushed to the door and grabbed ahold of the hand-bar that is meant for pushing. Yeah, it's meant for pushing, but why not try? I pulled it close to me, and to my luck the door opened.
The smile that grew on my face faded almost immediately. It led into a cool hallway that was pitch black. Well, maybe this was the wrong way. I turned to go back, but stopped as I saw something on the wall. It was an arrow, pointing down the hallway. I looked that way, and saw another glow in the dark arrow further down. Maybe this is the way.
I cuddled the converse, shirt and jeans close to me as the darkness swallowed me. The sound of my boots hitting the cold, cement floor echoed through the blackness. The light from the school was fading as I got farther down the hallway. When would this darkness end? All I could see was glow in the dark arrows.
In the silence of the hallway, I thought I heard a faint noise. I stopped in my tracks, listening carefully. Sort of like small animal-like noises...
I flinched as those small noises became screams of pain. Whoa...! They were blood-curdling wails of agony, and as I was listening... gosh, those screams sound familiar-
Harry.
Those screams. Those blood-curdling screams of agony were Harry's  screams, coming from Harry's mouth.
"HARRY!" I howled, and took off at a dead sprint down the black hall. The arrows kept going as I went forward, and I saw a faint, icy blue light coming from somewhere down the hall. An arrow pointed to the right at a shape on the wall... a door. The screams were louder than ever now, and I knew my Hazza was right past this door.