Fear Can Be A Savior

(This Chapter is from Moon's Eyes)

"Are we going to look around or not?" Vix blurted out after a moment of silence.
"Yeah... uh, let's go," Diamond murmured, her voice quiet. Vix sighed quietly, and we all followed her as she headed to the stairs. I halted, and Diamond turned, raising an eyebrow.
"What's up, Moon?" She asked, and Vix tightened her grip on the rail of the stairs. I shook my head, my purple bangs waving lightly.
"Nothing... I thought we were searching upstairs first, but down is fine too..." I trailed off and followed behind Vix slowly. I was a little jumpy; I kept thinking something would jump out at me and try to kill me or something. It was really stupid, but I get kind of frightened at small thoughts like that. Vix has the same problem.
The stairs creaked as we walked down, farther into the creepy house. Vix's platform boots hit the floor first, then my neon pink converse. Behind me, I heard Diamond's black converse hit the floor as well. We turned to the right, going down an eerily dim hallway. The wallpaper was old fashioned, faded and full of mold and dirt. It was gross! Diamond made a small chocking noise as we approached the living room. There was a nightstand next to the couch (which was falling apart), and on it was a piece of paper. I tilted my head to the side and approached the nightstand, getting closer to see what the note said.
"Be careful," Vix warned. She was right; who knows what sort of thing could happen in a house like this? I slowly picked up the paper, squinting my eyes and reading the note.
"'Some can be saved by their fears,'" I read aloud, my fingers squeezing the paper gently. I raised my gaze to meet Vix's eyes, and Diamond bit her lip. What did that even mean? None of us were sure, really, so we stood in silence for a few heartbeats.
"D-Does that mean we have to do something that might be scary to us?" Vix whispered, fear in her hazel eyes. Diamond turned to me, giving me a doubtful look. I didn't know how to answer. I didn't know, obviously. I wasn't behind this-
Wait, maybe I could be!
"Guys!" I gasped, turning to them. They both looked to me, and I smiled, thinking my idea would work. "I have a plan."
"Like what?" Vix questioned, coming over to me. Diamond followed her.
"What if I somehow got to Eleanor, and pretended I wanted to work with her? Like I watch through her security cameras and find out where Louis and Harry are?" I explained, and Diamond's eyes widened. She turned to Vix, who shrugged. I went on. "I can pretend I want to kill Louis and Harry, and then find out where they're trapped. Then I can make sure they stay alive, and I can also watch you two."
"That sounds.... brilliant!" Vix gasped, shaking my shoulders spastically. "Seriously, Moon. Genius idea. But how will you get to Eleanor?"
That made me think. I sighed, looking down at the note slowly. Some can be saved by their fears. Does this mean I should follow the path of things that scare me? How does that make sense at all...?
"I-I'll go," I stuttered, then swallowed a lump in my throat. "I'll find a way. You guys try and find Louis and Harry. I'll try to send hints or make the security cameras move in the right direction..."
"Okay, so, let's pretend you suddenly storm off and scream that you want to kill us," Diamond suggested. "That way, Eleanor can see through the cameras that this is 'real.'"
Everyone looked around at each other, and nodded. I balled my hands into fists, and glared at Vix and Diamond as if I hated them.
"I... FORGET YOU GUYS!" I howled, anger lacing in my voice. I screamed as loud as I could when I said that to get Eleanor's  attention. Now, she must be listening, so I spoke a little softer, but I was still yelling. "I'm going to help Eleanor! She deserves some help! Louis and Harry should learn their lesson!!"
With that, I turned and ran down another hallway, not sure which way I was going. I ripped open the door to a random room, and gasped as I stepped into nothing. I was too terrified to scream as I fell in darkness, everything was spinning, the light of the open door fading from above me. Alice in Wonderland much!? I hit some surface and fell down through an air-vent like hole, and went tumbling into a room. I crashed onto the tiled floor and rolled for a moment, moaning a little as I hit a table. I lay there for a moment, my head throbbing. Then, I heard a soft laugh.
"Hello, Moon."
I sat up quickly, and there in front of me sat Eleanor, smiling, her hands folded neatly in front of her on a table.
"I..." I murmured, then cleared my throat and spoke louder. "I want to be on your side."