Chapter 57

I counted as each guy walked by. Two missing. Danny and......Rob. Oh shit. The bus started loading up, and I ran to the locker room. I heard Rob's unmistakable voice.

"I can't believe you Danny!" he growled.

"Really? You're mad at me, and you're the one that hurt her!" Danny countered.

"Best friends aren't supposed to try and steal your girlfriend!"

"I'm not! She came to me and I told her she could stay at my apartment. You're being ridiculous. Just explain to her what happened, and you'll be all happy boyfriend-girlfriend again!" Danny said, and I could tell he was rolling his eyes.

"I'm just trying to protect her," Rob said.

"From what?!" Danny exclaimed. "She doesn't need protecting! She's tough as nails! She's badass and awesome and crap!"

"From getting her heart broken. I just want her to be happy and safe."

"You're a day late and a dollar short," Danny said lowly.

"I still can't believe you," Rob muttered angrily. "You're supposed to be my best friend."

That was the point I couldn't take it. I burst in the door to see both of their frames.

"Both of you back the hell off!" I exclaimed. Their heads turned my way.

"What?" they both snapped.

"Both of you stop! You're acting like little kids! Danny, let me direct this to you first. I love you Danny, and you're a great guy, but I only love you as a brother," I said. He cocked an eyebrow.

"And I only love you as a sister," he replied. "I have no idea why Rob is so pissed." I put my hand up to silence him.

"Rob, now directed to you. You don't control who I fall in love with, alright?" The two guys remained silent.

"Let's go. The bus is leaving."

Rob adjusted his tie and left. I looked at Danny.

"I'm sorry," I said. He shrugged.

"Don't be. Now lets go. We have to get to Charlotte."

We walked out of the locker room, and to the buses. The players were usually separated on a couple of different buses, and I chose the bus with Tom and Julian. Rob was in the back, and I could feel his gaze the whole 15 hour drive to Charlotte. I basically ignored him and listened to Eminem, Marie Miller, All Time Low, 5sos, and One Direction. I also slept.

*fifteen hours later, Charlotte, SC*
We were picking our hotel rooms, and mine was an adjoining room with Danny and Tom's, who were sharing a room. On the other side, Rob and Julian shared. Maybe Julian would smack some sense into him.

Huh.

My room was a single room because I was the only girl, and they didn't want me rooming with anyone. Valid reasoning. I flopped on my bed and fell asleep in about a millisecond.
When I woke up, my phone had about ten Patriot's notifications.

'Rob Gronkowski apologizes for comments in video'
'I'm just here to talk about football -Rob Gronkowski'
'Gronkowski uncharacteristically quiet during press conference'
'Tom Brady on Carolina defense'
'New drills coach? Ms. Alex Stone sighted with Patriots'

Ugh. I was sick of them....wait. Wait wait wait. We arrived in Charlotte yesterday.

How could they have already had a press conference?

I looked at the clock. It was 2:00 in the afternoon. I burst into Danny and Tom's empty room. I called Julian frantically.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Where are you?" I hissed.

"We're hanging out at the hotel, where are you?"

"In my room. Where are you?" I asked.

"We're at the volleyball court. We'll see you in twenty?"

"Yeah, I'll be down soon."

I went back into my room and shut off my phone, throwing it on my bed. I then went into Rob and Julian's room. I saw my suitcase by Rob's bed, and grabbed it. I brought it into my room, and put it on my bed. It was definitely mine. I grabbed an ATL tank top and a pair of jean shorts. I brought them into the bathroom and hopped in the shower, quickly getting out and getting ready. I shut my door and trotted down the stairs to the lobby. I went out the back door and found the volleyball court immediately. A few guys were fooling around when I came over.

"Afternoon Alex," someone called.

"You guys wanna get a game going?" I asked, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Don't do it," Rob muttered to someone. "She'll whoop your asses."

"C'mon!" I said. "Me, Danny, Julian, Tom, and Logan vs. Rob, LeGarrette, Aaron, Michael, and Chandler. Right now."

Everyone shrugged and begrudgingly got onto the court. We volleyed, and it was our serve.

🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈
IGH I HAVE THE FEELS AND IT'S PHYSICALLY HURTING ME LIKE IM HAVING THE XANDER BOGAERTS FEELS WITH HIS DIMPLES AND FACE AND HIS SMILE AND HIS CUTE CURLY HAIR AND LONG EYELASHES AND NOT TO MENTION HIS GORGEOUS EYES UGH IM PHYSICALLY ACHING RIGHT NOW PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME ANYONE (PREFERABLY XANDER BOGAERTS) UGH FEELS
-L