Chapter 14

*three months later*
From Katie: I hope you're having fun. It's been a long three months without you. I miss you and your clothes are on their way via mail 😘 see you soon babe xx

I was currently sitting with Vince Wilfork's wife, Bianca. She and I had become very good friends, and were currently chatting.

"So how's Rob been doing?" she asked. I shrugged.

"Good. His back is better. Hmmm. Nothing else really. How's Vince been doing?"

"Good!" she said. And then the crowd gasped. My head whipped around to the field, and I saw a a figure lying on the ground. 87. No. No. No. Lifeless. No. No. No. My feet took over before my head did. I ran a mile a minute down the stairs and to the wall that separated the field and the stands. I stood there, staring at him.

"GO GET ALEX!" I heard someone, Michael Hoomanawanui, I was almost certain, scream. I stood there, and the next thing you know the security was coming up, and Billy, one of the security guards, came up with me.

"C'mon. We're gonna go to the locker room," he said softly. My eyes were welling up with tears, and Rob was being carted back. Babe. Well Bill was gonna be pissed. I ran as fast as I could into the locker room. Hell no. I ran to Rob's side and my heart nearly stopped. His body was at a weird angle and his breathing didn't sound right. I sank to my knees and took him in my arms. I had a 6'6", 250+ lbs., professional tight-end in my arms, sobbing like a baby. I brushed my thumb across his cheek. He was lying on the stretcher.

"Rob?" I whispered. No fucking answer. Now I was freaking out. I started sobbing, him cradled in my arms like a baby. I brought my tear-stained face up to see Stevan.

"It's gonna be alright, Alex," he said softly. I was sick. And that was the last thing I remembered before passing out.

**************

I opened my eyes and immediately saw the inside of a car.

"What the hell?" were the first words out of my mouth. I didn't know where I was, I didn't know who I was with, and I didn't know how Rob was.

"I see you're finally awake," a voice said. A voice that I'd recognize anywhere. Katie.

"Katie?" I asked groggily, sitting up.

"The one and the only. Now, we're going to the hospital. Don't freak out."

Why would I......Rob.

"Is he ok?" I asked, facing her.

"We don't know," she replied honestly.

"'We'?" I asked. She nodded.

"We."

"Who the hell is 'we'?" I demanded angrily.

"Hullo," the other figure in the front seat said.

"Zack?! What. The. Hell. Are. You. Doing. Here?" I growled through gritted teeth.

"I miss you," he said earnestly. "You were-are-my everything, Alex."

"Well I'm someone else's everything right now," I replied icily. "Just go back to England and spare us both the trouble."

We didn't speak the rest of the ride to the hospital. When we arrived, my heart nearly stopped. Press everywhere. I had to barrel past so many people just to get inside. When we got inside, my face was stained with the tears I had shed in the car.

Relax, I told myself. Relax. Football players get hurt all the time. Katie and I walked to the receptionist's desk in silence.

"Gronkowski?" Katie asked.

"Room 332, level C. You'll need these," she said, and handed us key cards. We went into the elevator and inserted our keys into the slot. It brought us up to level C and we followed the signs to room 332. We were about to walk in when I stopped.

"I'm sorry I've been an ungrateful bitch," I said, blinking away the tears that threatened to form.

"You've acted exactly how I expected," she replied.

"I really am sorry. It would've just been easier if I never left America in the first place. If I had never moved to England. If I had never met him," I said quietly. It was true. It would've been better for us all. She just squeezed my hand reassuringly. I smiled half-heartedly and squeezed her hand in return. We entered the hospital room, and Rob was lying completely still on the hospital bed. A doctor was...well...I don't exactly know what he was doing. I sat down on the stool and Katie on the recliner. The doctor was about 40 years old and balding. What was left of his hair was salt-and-pepper black and gray.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Grieg," the man said. "And you are?"

"Alex Stone. Rob's girlfriend," I replied, shaking his hand.

"Well, pleasure to meet you Ms. Stone. I've ran some tests, and it seems that Rob might have a mild concussion and some minor bumps and bruises. We will test him when he wakes up again, just to be safe. Until then, just try not to disturb him, and notify me immediately if any changes occur. Any questions?" I shook my head. "Very well."

He walked out and left only Katie and I.

"It'll be fine," she said. But I wasn't so sure.

I glanced at Rob who started to stir. One eye opened slowly and I nearly shrieked with joy. I yelled for Dr. Grieg, then ran over to his bedside and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Rob," I whispered. "Are you ok?"

But he didn't reply, 'Yeah, great babe!' or 'I'm still in a little but of pain.'

He didn't reply. He just stared at me blankly.

When he finally did speak, I was confused. Katie was confused. Obama was confused. Classmates from high school were confused. Charlie Sheen was confused.

"Who are you?" he asked, staring at me intently.

"You don't know who I am?"

"No, I have absolutely no idea who you are."

🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈
DUN DUN DAAAAH. k guys so I know I haven't exactly had an updating schedule or anything but I'm really busy with orchestra and school and crap. So I'll try and update whenever I have time, and the chapters probably won't be long at all. Alrighty Nutella Jars? Alrighty. Love you!!!
-L