Chapter 49

Sorry I missed wednesday's update! I had the biggest headache and just felt so sick. But here you go, here's the update. There is officially going to be 55 chapters <3

Luke pulled his suitcase down the stairs and to the door. His mom came over and hugged him tightly.

"Mom, I'm only going for a few days," Luke laughed, hugging her back.

"I know, but you'll be so far," Liz sighed.

Luke just smiled and hugged his dad. 

"He'll be with Michael's parents, hun, I'm sure he'll be fine," Andrew reassured her.

"Yeah, mom!  But I have to go, Michael's waiting. I love you!" Luke said and pulled the suitcase out of his house and into Michael's car.

Luke got into Michael's car and leaned over to kiss him. He smiled softly and pulled away, looking at Michael.

"Are you excited?" Luke asked. "Because I am!"

"Not really," Michael chuckled, making Luke frown. "I'm excited to get away with you, but not for you to meet my parents."

Luke nodded in agreement and sat back in his seat as Michael drove off to the airport. That was the only thing Luke wasn't looking forward to, the long flight to London.

***

"So, this is where I live," Michael said as the taxi pulled up to a massive house.(lmao I didn't want to write the flight)

"Wow," Luke said, looking at the huge house. He knew Michael's family had money, but he didn't know they had this much money. 

"I know," Michael sighed as he got out of the car after paying the driver.

Luke got out after him, getting his suitcase from the car. Michael did the same and then turned to look at Luke.

"I want to warn you, they're hoping my friend is a girl. They're not the type to bluntly admit it but I'm sure some hints will slip up. I also want you to know that there words will not change the way I look at you. My parents opinions would never change me," Michael explained.

"I'll be fine, Michael," Luke said, leaning over and pecking his lips.

Michael nodded and walked with Luke to the front door. He rang the doorbell and it didn't take long for a sixty-something looking woman to open the door.

"Michael!" She smiled, hugging Michael.

When she let go, she eyed Luke for a minute. "And this is your friend?"

"Yes, mother, this is Luke," Michael said, grinning.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Clifford," Luke said, holding out his hand.

Mrs. Clifford shook Luke's hand, smiling. "I was expecting you to be a girl, but it doesn't matter. You are one handsome young man." She spoke honestly.

"Thank you," Luke grinned, walking into their house after being invited in.

"So, are you two comfortable sharing a room, or will they be separate?" Michael's mom asked, looking at Michael only.

"Sharing," Michael said, looking at her.

She nodded. "You know where you usually sleep, that room will be yours."

Luke followed Michael up a large staircase and down a hall to a room two sizes of his own. Luke put his bag down beside Michael's.

"Your parent's house is huge," Luke said.

"I know, I hate it," Michael sighed.

"Why?" Luke asked.

"It's just not my style. This is one reason I didn't want to bring you here, I feel like because my parents are rich you're going to think different of me and that I'm bragging or something, I just wish we were a little bit of a lower class family," Michael explained.

Luke walked to him and wrapped his arms around him. "I will never think differently of you, you'll always be the older boyfriend of mine who models women's lingerie and uses cheesy lies to pick up dudes."

Michael chuckled and kissed Luke's head. "Thank you, I needed that."

Luke grinned as he looked up at Michael. "And I need you."

Michael leant down to kiss Luke but there was a knock at the door. Michael sighed and stepped away from Luke. A man around the same age as Michael's mom walked into the room.

"Dad," Michael said, walking over and hugging the man. He let go shortly and turned to Luke. "This is Luke."

"Hi," Luke said friendly and walked forward, holding out his hand.

The man shook Luke's hand firmly and smiled. "Nice to meet you, Luke."

"You too," Luke smiled.

"Dinner is ready, I was just coming to let you two know," He said.

Michael nodded as his dad left the room. Michael held out his hand for Luke to take, which he gladly did. They walked downstairs and to the even bigger dining room where Luke noticed Michael's parents eyeing their hands. Luke ignored it, as he was sure they would look at anyone's hand that Michael was holding. He took a seat next to Michael.

Michael's parents said to dig in right away, so that's what they did. A few minutes into their meal, a conversation sparked up.

"So, Luke, what do you do? For work?" Michael's mom asked.

Luke swallowed his food. "I'm a barista, at Starbucks."

"Oh," She said, pursing her lips.

"He goes to school, he's a college boy," Michael said.

"Oh, what are you going to school for?" Michael's dad asked.

"I will be attending school next year for music, but I'm not one hundred percent sure that that is what I want to do, so I added some other classes in there as well," Luke explained.

"Next year? Did you take a year off?" Mrs. Clifford asked.

"No," Luke said, looking over at Michael who was not so calmly chewing on his food. "I'm still in high school."

"Oh," Michael's mom said quickly. "May I ask how old you are?"

Luke sighed quietly. "I'm seventeen."

"Oh, so this," She said, pointing between Michael and Luke. "Is illegal?"

"Luke turns eighteen in a couple months, mom," Michael said.

"It's still illegal right now," She said.

"It's only illegal if we do something, which we don't," Michael said, placing his hand on Luke's thigh calmly.

"Anyways, Michael wanted to get into music, but as you see, that didn't work out for him," His mom said, looking at Michael. 

"Michael has a beautiful voice and great talent, it's a shame he didn't but it is a hard field to get into, that's why my options are open," Luke said calmly, even though he felt nothing like it.

"That's good," She said, calming down.

The rest of the dinner went alot smoother than that one part in the beginning, but Luke still felt like Michael's parents didn't approve of him. He knew that Michael warned him about his parents and that he promised he would let it get to him, but he'd be lying if he said it wasn't.

Next chapter may or may not have a bit of smut. But hey, May is my favourite month.

Chapter Question: Where are you from?

Chapter Answer: Central Canada!