Chapter 42

"School carnival? That's kinda lame," Michael said to the three teenagers in front of him.

Rome smacked his arm, hard, causing Michael to wince. "Don't be rude!" She yelled.

Michael rubbed his arm. "I've been to school carnivals, they all kind of sucked."

"Well we have to go, we helped set it up and if we don't show up we don't get our extra credit," Olivia said.

"And that means you have to go, because you are staying with me, so you're just not going to sit at my house and hang out with my parents," Luke added.

"Besides!" Rome pitched in as well. "You've never been to our school carnival. Trust me, it's not lame. It doesn't even take place at our school."

"I guess I have no choice then," Michael shrugged.

"Okay, then get ready!"

***

"When you said it's not lame, you weren't lying," Michael said, looking at the rides and games

Rome threw her arm around Michael. "We have a big school, we all pitch in for the costs and the school board covers what we don't. But since everyone knows our school has the best carnivals, everyone pitches in."

"Okay," Luke said, shoving Rome off his boyfriend and taking his hand. "We're going to have a good night."

"Yeah, but I promised Mr. Kee that'd I'd help him with the dunk tank for the first hour, so we'll catch up with you guys later," Rome said, taking Olivia's hand and running off.

"Are you sure they're not dating?" Michael asked, motioning to their hands.

"I'm pretty sure they're just a thing, not official," Luke shrugged.

"They're definitely something," Michael chuckled.

"And so are we," Luke said, walking in front of Michael, facing him, "So let's have some fun."

***

After a couple of rides Michael and Luke started to get hungry and headed towards one of the many concession stands. 

"What do you want?" Luke asks, pulling out his wallet.

"What do you mean, I'll pay," Michael said, pulling out his wallet.

"No, Michael. You always pay, and I have a job now so I'm gonna pay, what do you want?" Luke said.

"Oh, you have a job now," Michael smirked, raising his eyebrows and looking at the menu. "Do they have lobster?"

Luke just laughed and rolled his eyes.

"No, I'll just have an ice cream," Michael chuckled.

"Two vanilla ice creams, please," Luke said when he was next. 

He took their ice creams and walked off. They noticed a boy at the same time winning his girlfriend a teddy bear.

"Do you want to win me a bear?" Luke joked. 

"Yes," Michael answered, walking towards a game.

Luke chased after him. "I kidding, please don't."

But it was too late, Michael was handing a kid who went to Luke's school five dollars and receiving a bucket of rings for ring toss. Luke sighed and sat down next to Michael who was tossing the rings and missing every time. 

Luke tried to stop Michael when he started to hand the boy another five dollars but it was too late. Ten buckets later, Michael still hadn't gotten a ring on a bottle.

"Okay, Michael that's enough," Luke chuckled. "I'm bored."

Michael sighed. "I wanted to win you a bear."

"Yeah, well, you chose the worst game," Luke chuckled.

Michael stood up and started walking with Luke. "It's fine, anyways, I don't need a bear," Luke said and kissed Michael's cheek.

As they were walking, Rome and Olivia appeared in front of them.

"It's nice of you two to show up," Luke chuckled. 

"We couldn't find you so we just hung out," Olivia shrugged.

"Well, there is a thing called a cell phone," Michael chuckled.

Rome just shrugged and the four started walking together. "What do you want to do?" Rome asked.

"I gotta go to the bathroom before we do anything," Luke said, glancing at a bathroom that was behind them. "Just wait here, I'll be three seconds."

Luke walked back to the bathroom and inside. He thought he was the only one in there but when he heard a noise, that changed. He looked around, but he couldn't see anyone, so he just did his business and washed his hands.

He walked out of the bathroom and before he could get in the view of anyone, since the bathrooms were behind a couple of game tents, he was pushed up against a wall. It wasn't roughly, but it was enough to startle him.

He blinked for a minute when his eyes met brown ones. 

"Marcus, what the fuck," Luke said squirming. "I thought we were over this."

"I'm not going to hurt you," Marcus said, pressing his weight against Luke. 

Luke looked up at him confused. "Look, I'm sorry that I hurt you."

Luke rolled his eyes and squirmed some more. "This isn't how you apologize to someone, and frankly, I don't care. Just let me go."

"No," Marcus said, bringing his face close to Luke's. "The only reason I hurt you was because I like you."

"What?" Luke said, probably too loudly.

"See, yeah, it's stupid," Marcus chuckled.

"Yeah, it is, that's not how you show affection," Luke said, still trying to get Marcus off of him. "And I don't care, I have a boyfriend, who is here by the way."

Marcus just rolled his eyes. "Nothing ever stops me from getting my way."

"Just let me go!" Luke said, pushing Marcus roughly. 

Before Luke could get away, Marcus body was once again against Luke's. And not just that, his lips were too. Luke froze. He didn't know what to do, and frankly, he just wanted to throw up. But someone else decided for him what to do, as Marcus was thrown off of Luke.

"What the hell is this?" Michael asked. "First you beat him up because he is gay and now you're kissing him?"

Michael shoved Marcus down onto the ground.

"I just couldn't help myself," Marcus smirked softly. 

Luke could easily see the anger in Michael's face when he picked up Marcus and shoved him against a wall. 

"And I can't help myself with this," Michael said, before bringing his fist down and down again on Marcus's face.

"Okay!" Luke said, grabbing Michael and pulling him back. "He gets it, and don't worry," Luke said and looked at Marcus who was just barely looking back at them. "He would never have a chance with me."

"Hell yeah he wouldn't," Michael growled. 

Luke looked Marcus up and down before sighed. "Maybe someone, but never in a million years would that person be me." 

This sucked woo I love my writing. Sorry for a shitty chapter after such a long wait. But thank you for #74 in fanfiction???? And to those who don't read my updates that aren't chapters, thanks for the support on my time off, I really needed it. I'm not one hundred percent and after seeing something like that, I don't think I'll ever be, but I'm better.

I'm going to try and update other things now. Thank you.

Chapter Question: What are some of your favourite stories on Wattpad? I want to read more.

Chapter Answer: I like anything by fabmuke and Roommates by umlashton