Chapter 17

Days passed and it was now the first day of senior year for Luke and Rome. Luke still hadn't talked to Michael but Michael hadn't stopped trying too. Luke had must of gotten a hundred texts and fifty calls. He still didn't know what to do. He missed Michael, a lot. He didn't know what would have happened that night. Maybe Michael would have stopped and realized what was happening. He knew Michael was drunk and not himself but he couldn't help but be scared. Or maybe he was just over reacting.

Luke slugged up to the front door of his school and sighed. He never was in the mood to go to school but today his mood was even worse. Rome met Luke at his first class, knowing his schedule.

"Good morning, sunshine," Rome smiled.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Luke said.

"What's up?" Rome said, nudging his arm.

"Not in the mood for school," Luke shrugged.

Rome nodded. "Understandable."

Luke nodded to and went to walk into class but Rome put a hand on his chest.

"Hey, don't go so early. I haven't talked to you since we left Michael's!" Rome said.

Luke's heart sank.

"Why haven't you talked to me? Too caught up with Michael?" Rome teased.

Luke shrugged. "Not really."

Rome smirked. "Whatever you say."

"I'm going to class, I'll see you at lunch," Luke said, pushing past Rome and into his first class.

Luke's morning started with Math, biology and french. He didn't have Rome in any of them, so he goes his morning friendless. But thankfully it was the first day and he didn't have to pay much attention to anyone or anything. He was already tired of the day.

Lunch came around and Luke sat at the table him and Rome normally sat at. He laid his phone on the table along with his sandwich and water. He didn't really eat, he just took a couple of bites. It took a while but Rome eventually joined him.

"How was your morning?" Rome asked, unwrapping her wrap.

Luke shrugged. "Boring."

Rome nodded. "Mine was okay. I have photography first and there's a new girl thankfully, so I have a chance to talk to someone new instead of those bitches from last year."

Luke knew all too well about those bitches that picked on Rome for sticking with the gay boy instead of their crew. 

"She's also in my physics class and I purposely sat with her to start talking to her before I lost my chance to avoid those girls and she's actually a lot like me," Rome continued.

Luke nodded, taking another bite of his sandwich.

"Anyways, I'm glad we have music together after lunch, I miss your face," Rome giggled, hitting Luke's arm, trying to get a smile.

Before Luke could do anything, his phone vibrated getting both of their attention. 

"Ooh, lookey, it's Michael," Rome cooed, grabbing the phone.

"Don't-" Luke shouted, but it was too late.

"Hey, Michael," Rome said into the phone. "Oh, you want to talk to Luke? Sure, he's right here."

Rome handed the phone to Luke and he took it, flipped it over and clicked end. Rome stared at Luke and then took a moment before speaking up.

"Did something happen between you two that night?" She asked.

"No," Luke lied. "Just not in the mood to talk to him."

"You can tell me, Luke, I'm your best friend," Rome said, lifting her hand and laying her hand over his.

"Nothing happened," Luke said, staring at the table.

"I've been your friend forever Luke, I know when you're lying," Rome pressured.

Luke breathed.

"He tried to pressure me into have sex, okay? I don't want to talk about it," Luke snapped.

Rome's mouth dropped but Luke didn't care, he just dropped his sandwich on the table and left the room. He didn't stop there and left the school, deciding to already skipping a class, even on the first day. 

What a great start to what was supposed to be Luke's best year.

Heeey. I promise things will get better, heh. But it's late, and I gotta sleep, so I can't continue on the chapter. Some of you have read my 'sorry xx' part, the comments showed but I deleted it and couldn't read it. Don't worry, I kinda had a break down, and heh, awkward, but wattpad fixed the notifications so I'm not gonna stop writing. (I never actually was, in the moment I thought maybe I would but as the day went on I calmed down and knew I couldn't do that.) Sorry for the scare.

Do any of you make covers??? I REALLY NEED NEW ONES. YOU GET CREDIT AND A SHOUTOUT ON A STORY OF YOUR CHOICE. (dm me if you do)

Also, once again, important question, Rome and Ashton or Rome and another girl?