Chapter 25

I promised you I would update today so here you go. 

Another day of school, another day of not seeing Michael, another day of harsh words. The one boy never stopped pushing Luke into lockers and the other kids never stopped teasing. Luke sat in his first period, math, and was already bombarded with words. He was in the middle of working on a math question when a girl who sat in front of him turned around.

"Do you wear panties like your old man does?" She giggled.

Luke just tried to focus on the question and ignore the girl.

"Come on," She said, nudging Luke's hand, "I won't tell anyone, I'm just curious."

Luke moved his and over and continued on the question.

"Hey Marcus!" The girl yelled across the room to the boy who liked to push Luke around. 

This caught Luke's attention and he looked up. 

"Lukey here wears panties just like his perverted man does!" She laughed.

That got everyone's attention and the class started roaring in laughed as well. 

"Enough!" The teacher yelled from her desk. "Grow up, Olivia! Another word from you and I'm calling your parents."

Olivia, the girl in front of Luke, shut up, as did the class. Luke couldn't concentrate on finishing his question and just closed his textbook for the day. He was the first one out of the class and took his new route to his next class, which was outside and to the other set of doors. He took this to avoid getting pushed into Lockers, but it turns out, it wasn't helping.

"Hey gay boy!" A boy yelled, obviously Marcus.

Luke sped up his walking, but it was no use. He was shoved into the brick wall, causing him to drop his books. He quickly got onto his knees to pick them up but was kicked back into the wall. Marcus leaned down and gripped Luke's shirt, shoving him into the ground. Luke's head hit it, causing his vision to blur. 

Luke struggled, trying to get up off the ground but Marcus laid a foot on his back. Marcus lifted up Luke's shirt and pushed his pants down slightly. 

"Dammit, boys, they're normal underwear, nothing good to see here," Marcus said, removing his foot off Luke.

It was just then that Luke realized Marcus' friends were with him.

"So let's make something good to see, pull him up," A friend said.

Marcus leaned down and lifted Luke up by his shirt, shoving him up against the wall. The other boy walked up and brought a fist into Luke's cheek, causing his lip to bust open. Luke struggled against Marcus' grip, trying to get away.

"L-leave me alone!" He choked out.

They laughed and Marcus punched a fist into Luke's stomach, causing him to cough up some blood onto him. Marcus stumbled back.

"Gross! I'm going to get some disease now!" Marcus screamed. 

The one boy who hadn't done anything shoved Luke back onto the ground and spat on him.

"Let's get out of here before anymore of us catch the disease," He said.

They all agreed and scrambled off, leaving Luke on the ground. Luke choked out some sobs and some more blood. His vision was blurred and his body was in pain. He scrambled to his feet and held onto the wall until he regained his balance. 

Luke picked up his books, but he didn't have the courage or energy to go to anymore of his classes so he left. He couldn't go home looking like this and he didn't know where else to go so he went to the park.

He just sat on a bench, zoning in and out of consciousness. He was falling asleep but the buzz of his phone woke him up. He had seven missed calls from Rome. Luke realized it was almost the end of the school day and got back up. He unlocked his phone and read all the "Where are you" texts from Rome. He also had one from Michael.

Hey! Just leaving my house, I should be at yours at about four tonight, gotta stop at work for a bit. Can't wait to see you! 

Shit, Luke thought. 

He had completely forgot that Michael was coming in town this weekend. Michael couldn't see Luke like this. Luke used up all his energy to run to Rome's house and run in. He mumbled a hi to her mom and sister but didn't let them even get a quick look at his face. Luke ran up to Rome's room and rushed in.

"I need some makeup," Luke said, panting from running.

"Luke what the fuck?" Rome yelled, putting down her phone. "I was just calling you!"

Rome stood up. "Where were you? You missed lunch and music! I saw you this morning and-"

Rome stopped and her eyes widened. "What happened to you?"

Luke wiped his still bleeding lip and shook his head. "Nothing, I just fell on my way over."

Rome gripped onto Luke's forearms. "No, Luke," she turned his head to the side. "That's a mark from a fist, did Marcus do this to you?"

Luke was silent.

"That son of a bitch," Rome muttered. "Come with me."

Rome pulled Luke gently into her bathroom and sat him down on the toilet. 

"I'm sorry, Rome," Luke whispered.

"Shh, don't speak," Rome said, bringing a wet cloth to Luke's lip. 

Luke winced but Rome kept dabbing it. The bleeding eventually stopped and it looked slightly more normal, beside being swollen. Rome sat down on the floor next to Luke.

"Tell me what happened, Luke," Rome said softly.

Luke shrugged. "He and his friends just beat me up, they wanted to see if I wear panties just like Michael, but I don't, so they just decided to beat me up."

Rome sighed and teared up. "I'm so sorry Luke. You truly don't deserve this. We really need to tell someone."

"Please, Rome, don't, I'm okay, I can handle this. I don't want to make it worse," Luke rambled. 

Rome sighed. "If it happens again, I'm dealing with it and there's no stopping me."

Luke just nodded. "Can I please borrow some makeup? Michael is coming in this weekend and he can't see me like this."

"Luke, he should really know what's going on," Rome sighed.

Luke teared up. "Please, Rome, please."

Rome sighed and stood up. She opened up her drawer of makeup and searched through it. "I hate this so much, but if it makes you feel better, I will."

"Thank you, Rome, I don't deserve a friend as amazing as you."

sorry for this kind of intense chapter. I was tearing up writing this and it is seriously so terrible because this kind of stuff actually happens. I can't imagine what it's like to go to school being beat up because of your sexuality. It's terrible.

I actually talked about the Orlando shooting and gay marriage in my rants book. If you want me to talk more about or know about my thoughts on anything along this line, you can suggest it on my rants book. I'm open to talk about anything. Love you guys!