Chapter 26

thanks so much for 38k

Luke went home and tried his best not to lay down and smudge or ruin the makeup. Michael was on the way over and Luke missed him like a fish in the desert missed water. But, this time, Luke wished Michael wouldn't show up. He was nervous that he would notice the bruises, he really didn't want Michael to notice.

But, no one listened to Luke's plea's and the doorbell rang. He got up, his stomach filling with butterflies. He couldn't tell if it was nerves or excitement. He then hurried to the door and opened it, smiling wide instantly.

"Luke!" Michael yelled, hugging him tightly.

The tight hug hurt Luke, but at this moment, he didn't care at all, he just wanted his boyfriend to hold him. 

"I missed you," Luke whispered into Michael's chest.

Michael lifted Luke's chin up and looked him in the eyes. "I missed you too."

With that, Michael smashed his lips onto Luke's. Luke wrapped his arms around Michael's neck and Michael held Luke close to him. They kissed like they haven't seen each other in years. But, sadly, it didn't last long enough for their liking.

"Mother in the room," Liz spoke as she came down the stairs.

Luke pulled away, his cheeks turning pink. 

"Hey, Liz," Michael said walking towards her and giving her a hug.

Luke pouted and sat on a kitchen stool. Michael and Luke's mom got along very well.

"Jack invited us to a barbeque tonight if you boys want to go, he has a pool, so I hope you brought swim trunks, Michael," Liz said.

"I actually did, I don't know why I did, but I did," Michael chuckled. "Guess there's a reason for them now."

"I don't have any swim trunks," Luke said quickly.

"Yeah you do, Luke, you got them for Christmas," Liz said.

"They don't fit," Luke lied.

"We can go buy some if you want," Michael suggested.

"I'm out of money," Luke said, spinning on his chair.

"I can pay for them," Michael offered.

"No, Mikey, it's fine, really. You can swim, I'm not very big on swimming," Luke lied again, he loved swimming.

Liz laughed. "All the other times we go to Jack's, we can't get you out of the pool."

"I just don't want to swim today, okay?" Luke snapped.

Liz put her hands up. "Okay, sorry."

Luke sighed. Michael nodded and left to change. Luke spun side to side on the stool awkwardly waiting. Eventually Michael came down and they left for Jack's.

Jack had a nice house that he owned with his wife. Ben happened to be there too when they walked in. Michael held onto Luke's hand.

"So this is the famous Michael," Jack said, walking over to Michael to shake his hand.

"So you're the famous Jack," Michael chuckled, shaking his hand.

Jack looked at Luke and laughed. "I approve already."

"And I'm the more famous Ben," Ben said, walking up to Michael and shaking his hand.

"My wife is out back barbecuing, it shouldn't be much longer," Jack said. (I'm sorry, Idk if theyre actually married yet and im too lazy to look up her name)

They ended up eating ten minutes later and Michael got along with everyone well. They laughed a lot and overall had a good time. Jack and Michael and Jack's wife ended up in the pool not long after and Luke sat with Ben, catching up.

"So senior year, huh?" Ben asked.

"Yeah," Luke shrugged.

"Those were the days," Ben chuckled.

"Mhm, they sure are," Luke said, more sarcastically. 

Ben nodded. "So, how far have you and Michael gotten? You two seem pretty serious."

Luke shoved his brother's shoulder. "I don't want to talk about this with you, it's weird."

"Oh come on, little bro, I wanna hear the deets," He teased.

Luke laughed. "Nowhere, really. Yeah we're serious, but it's only been a few months."

"Ah, a waiting boy," Ben smirked.

Before Luke could yell at his brother, Michael caught his attention.

"Hey, Luke, could you bring me a towel?" Michael asked as he stood on the concrete shaking and dripping.

Luke grabbed a towel and jogged over to his boyfriend. Michael wrapped it around him after thanking Luke.

"Hey, do you have your phone on you?" Michael asked.

Luke patted his pockets. "No, why?" He asked.

Michael smirked and picked Luke up, tossing him into the pool. Luke screamed and fell into the water, going straight under and floating back up, drenched. Luke's eyes widened as he felt the makeup start to drip down his face. The makeup on his arms was clearly gone and the second he would get out of the pool his white shirt would cling to his body, showing the dark bruises.

"What the hell, Michael?" He yelled. He went to "fix his hair" but more to quickly cover his eye. "You better get me a towel." 

Michael rushed to get a towel and rushed back. Luke got out of the pool and was quick to wrap it around himself. Obviously, he wasn't quick enough because Michael grabbed his arm, stopping him.

"Luke, are those bruises?" Michael gasped, looking up at him. "And your eye, what the hell?" 

"I told you I didn't want to swim today!" Luke yelled, tearing up.

"Luke, what happened," Michael asked, ignoring him.

"It's nothing," Luke snapped. "It's nothing!" 

Luke was full of fear of his whole family seeing it and was too embarrassed to fess up. So instead of turning around and seeing all the eyes on him, he bolted into the house, wanting nothing to do with any of it.

Woo. Okay. hi. I love you. I also ranted about you guys in my rant book as rant #1 in my rant book if you wanna check it out.

Also check out my story Gone if you'd like :-)