Chapter 39

Olivia tossed and turned in her bed. She always felt weird sleeping in other people's beds. After an hour of tossing and turning, she got out of bed. She quietly walked down the hall and to the room Rome was sleeping in. She opened the door slowly and saw Rome peacefully sleeping. She sighed softly and walked over to the side of the bed.

"Rome," Olivia whispered.

"Rome," She said again, carefully shaking her.

"Hmm?" Rome mumbled, opening her eyes. "Olivia, are you okay?"

Olivia nodded. "Yeah, I just can't sleep. I was uh, wondering if I could join you."

Rome nodded and lifted the covers for Olivia. Olivia climbed in and smiled softly at Rome before getting comfortable. 

"Why can't you sleep?" Rome asked quietly, closing her eyes again.

"It's just weird sleeping alone in someone else's bed," Olivia said, keeping her eyes open and looking at Rome.

"Mhmm," Rome nodded, obviously almost asleep again.

Olivia just sighed softly, watching Rome sleep. She felt her eyes get heavy eventually.

"Goodnight, beautiful," She whispered before giving in to the sleep.

***

"Luke, please talk to me," Michael said, trying to keep up with Luke as he quickly walked into the house.

Luke turned to look at Michael. "You've got to be kidding me, after you said all those things and almost killing me, you expect me to talk to you? Forget it."

"You said things too! And I said I'm sorry, please, Luke," Michael pleaded. 

"Goodnight, Michael," Luke groaned, turning around and walking ahead.

Michael sighed and gave up, going back to his room. Luke made his way over to the room Rome was sleeping in. He knocked on the door, slowly opening it.

"Rome?" He whispered. "Can I, uh, sleep in here?"

His eyes widened when both Olivia's and Rome's heads popped up. "Shit, sorry, nevermind." Luke panicked, closing the door and walking back out of the room. He sighed and didn't even bother looking for a blanket, he just laid down on the couch and curled up against it. Soon, he was pulled into sleep.

Michael tossed and turned in his bed, unable to get the headlights, Luke's yelling and Luke's panic face out of his head. He ran his his hand through his hair knowing he fucked up this time. Actually, he had fucked up a lot of times. But he wasn't sure he'd be able to fix this one. 

He took his wakefulness to get out of bed and walk downstairs. He found Luke on the couch and sighed. He walked over to his closet and grabbed a blanket then walked back over to Luke, putting it over him gently. He leaned down and kissed his head, mumbled 'I love you.' and then went back upstairs to try and get a little sleep until the regretful morning.

***

In the morning, Luke woke up to quiet chatting. He sat up and the blanket he knew he didn't put on himself fell off his chest. He sighed and got off the couch and walked into the kitchen where the chatting was coming from. There sat Calum and Ashton.

"Hey, what were you doing sleeping on the couch?" Calum asked.

Luke shrugged and sat on a bar stool up against the kitchen island. 

"Did you and Michael have a fight?" Ashton asked.

"Something like that," Luke mumbled.

They both figured that Luke didn't want to talk, and they were right. Luke laid his head against the counter and sighed. He heard steps walk into the kitchen but didn't look up. He then felt a body sit next to him.

"Are you okay?" Rome whispered. "You wanted to sleep with me last night?"

Luke shook his head.

"Do you want to go home?" Rome whispered again.

Luke shook his head again. Rome sighed and got up, getting herself a cup of coffee. Then another person walked into the kitchen and Luke gave in and looked up. His eyes met a really tired looking Michael. He sighed.

"Luke, I am so sorry," Michael said, walking towards Luke.

Luke shook his head. "Forget it, I don't want to talk about it, at least not yet, this weekend is to have fun with my friends, so that's what I am going to do."

Everyone was clearly staring at them now.

"Even if that means not talking to you," Luke added.

I'm still so thankful for #187 like omfg I've dreamt of this. AND THANKS FOR 56K???? I love you guys so so so much. 

Chapter question: Have you listened to Girls Talk Boys? What's your opinion on it?

Chapter Answer: I did the second it came out and haven't stopped. It's sooo good. And the way Luke says sweetheart makes my heart flutter.

Might double update but I'm not sure yet.

Happy birthday to my sunshine, Luke.