Chapter 36

"Hang on, Michael, I'm getting a call," Luke said to his computer screen, picking up his phone.

"Hello?" Luke answered. "Mhmm, alright, yeah that's fine, thank you, see you then," Luke said into the phone.

Michael waited patiently for Luke to hang up. When he did, Michael asked, "who was that?"

"Uh, my boss, I guess," Luke said. "I got a job."

"Really?" Michael asked excitedly. "That's awesome! Where?"

Luke chuckled. "Starbucks."

"Hell yeah," Michael reacted. "I can get free drinks."

"Considering the manager is a friend of Jack's, you probably can," Luke chuckled.

"Yes!" Michael smiled and then their conversation ended.

They were silent for a moment, Luke just scrolled through instagram and occasionally glanced up at Michael on the screen.

"You keep looking at something over your screen, what are you looking at?" Luke asked Michael.

Michael looked back at the screen. "Huh? Oh, nothing."

"Don't lie to me, Michael," Luke said sternly.

Michael sighed. "Okay, you caught me, I'm watching the voice."

Luke broke out into laughter.

"What? Adam Levine is hot, you can't blame me," Michael pouted.

"Excuse me?" Luke asked, sass in his voice.

Michael looked back at the screen. "I mean, you're totally hotter, but he's alright."

"Thank you," Luke said, rolling his eyes playfully. "So what are your plans for christmas?"

Luke asked this, after realizing he was now on christmas break(time skip, sorry), and he didn't know what was happening with them. Michael sighed.

"My parents live in the UK, I have a plane ticket home," Michael said.

Luke frowned. "Is that why I've never met your parents?"

"Yeah, I guess," Michael said.

"That sucks I won't get to see you," Luke sighed.

"Yeah, I know, but we're all spending new years together right?" Michael asked.

Olivia, Rome, Calum, Ashton and them all planned to get together at Michael's to celebrate the new year.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it," Luke said, still bummed.

"Hey, cheer up, we'll see each other soon," Michael said softly.

"Sure, in a couple weeks, but it's almost been a month, Michael. This is getting really hard," Luke sighed.

"This isn't your way of breaking up with me, right?" Michael asked.

"Of course not, I just miss you," Luke sighed.

"Well hey, we're never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart," Michael said, quoting the ring.

Luke chuckled. "You cheesy shit."

Michael smiled widely at Luke. Luke was about to say something before his door opened and his mom walked in with laundry.

"Mom, it's almost two in the morning, what are you doing doing laundry?" Luke asked.

Michael chuckled, hearing Luke.

"Is that Michael?" Liz asked, completely ignoring Luke's question and sitting on the bed next to her son.

"Hey Liz!" Michael yelled, waving.

"Hey Michael, I haven't seen you in a while, how've you been?" She asked.

"I've been good! Getting a lot of things done in my modeling career," Michael said with a smile.

"That's good! Well, I'm going to go finish my laundry, I'll see you later," She said, getting back up.

"Bye!" Michael called. "Speaking of modeling, I got Rome the best Christmas present."

"What is it?" Luke asked.

"You'll have to wait and see," Michael said, causing Luke to groan frustratedly and Michael to chuckle.

"Well, I'm getting sleepy, I think I'm going to go to bed," Luke said.

"I can tell, but I didn't want to say anything, you're cute when you're tired," Michael said.

"Oh shut up," Luke blushed. "Goodnight."

Michael brought his hand up to his mouth and out towards Luke, blowing a kiss at the screen. Luke did the same.

"I love you," Luke said, before ending the call.

I have the next few chapters(which will be a timeskip to new year's whoops) planned out and I'm so excited lolol. See you wednesday!