Chapter 27

I wanna do another character ask bc those are addiicting but I feel like it's too soon. :-)

Luke ran into Jack's house but he didn't know where to go. He couldn't go home, it would be a long walk and he couldn't drive, well, because he didn't know how to. Luke decided just to sit on the front step. He closed the door after him, in hopes he could have a couple of minute to breathe.

He was wrong. Michael came out the door a minute later. He didn't say anything, he just sat on the step next to Luke. 

"I told you that I didn't want to swim," Luke said blandly, not looking at Michael.

"You said you didn't want to swim, yeah, but I thought I would be a fun and cute boyfriend and teasingly push you in the water. Your mom said you love to swim!" Michael argued. 

"Well obviously it wasn't fun or cute, was it now?" Luke snapped.

"I mean, it was cute for those two seconds of you coming up looking mad," Michael joked. "You're cute when you're mad."

Luke smiled, even in tough times like this, Michael could make him smile. Luke pushed Michael's arm.

"I'm mad at you, you can't make me smile," Luke said.

"Are we just going to avoid what really happened? Luke, I'm not blind, I can see the bruises," Michael said, changing the subject.

"I fell," Luke shrugged, still not looking at Michael.

"Those are not bruises from a fall, Luke. Unless you fell down five flights of stairs and out a window, landing on a rock that hit you straight in the eye," Michael said.

"I fell," Luke repeated.

"Luke, don't pull this shit on me, did you get in a fight?" Michael asked.

Luke stayed quiet.

"Luke, I'm your boyfriend, we're supposed to tell each other everything and be there for each other. I'm here now, you can talk to me darling," Michael sighed.

Luke paused for a minute, running his hands against each other. "I was beat up." He spoke.

Michael's breath hitched. He didn't know what to say. He couldn't find words. 

"What?" He managed to say.

"I was beat up," Luke shrugged. "Some are older bruises from just being shoved into lockers, but I got beat up yesterday."

Michael felt his blood start to boil. "Who did this, Luke? Why did he do it?"

Luke shrugged again. "I'm gay."

"That doesn't give him a fucking reason, Luke!" Michael yelled, probably too loudly.

Luke flinched, causing Michael to soften and sigh. "I'm sorry, it just pisses me off."

"It's okay, I should get used to it," Luke more whispered that anything.

"Get used to it? No, Luke, we're going to take care of it," Michael said.

"No!" Luke yelled, looking at Michael for the first time. "Please, you can't. He's just going to get even more mad.. Please, Michael, please."

Michael sighed. "If it happens again, I'm taking care of it."

Luke sighed and shivered, deciding not to fight any longer.

"Does Rome know about this?" Michael asked.

Luke nodded. "She applied the makeup."

"Do you think she'd pick us up? I think your parents want to stay longer, but maybe we should go home, you seem to be in pain," Michael suggested.