Chapter 48

to all that don't know, I went through a tough time which is why I have been inactive for a bit. I want to thank all the people who messaged me and talked to me, I am feeling better, thank you all so much. I love you all so much more than you all think. It meant a lot to me to have that many of you care for me.

Luke woke up with the biggest headache. He opened his eyes and groaned at the sudden brightness. He also realized that he wasn't in his room, he was in the guest room. He tried to roll over but his body hit something hard- another person. Luke panicked at first until he realized it was on Michael. 

"Finally you're awake," Michael chuckled.

"I don't remember sleeping," Luke mumbled. "I just remember opening my third beer, the rest is blank."

Michael laughed. "You had a lot more than three beers."

Luke ran his hand through his hair and sighed. "When did the party end?"

"I don't know, maybe four or five? I left and brought you into here when you got too drunk so you wouldn't die," Michael laughed. "But I think the music and shouting died down around then."

"Hmm," Luke hummed. "Would you want to get me an aspirin?"

"Of course," Michael said and got up. 

He opened the door to the spare bedroom and his eyes widened. 

"Oh my god," He spoke, looking around.

Luke groaned and stood up. "What?" He grumbled and then looked. His heart dropped and he felt like he was going to pass out.

"This place is a disaster! And the coffee table! How am I going to fix that!" Luke panicked. 

"Okay, let's not freak out, we'll just get Olivia and Rome to help us clean up and we'll go shopping for an exact replica of it?" Michael offered.

Luke nodded and held onto his head.

"Alright, c'mon," Michael said taking Luke's hand. "Let's get you that aspirin."

Luke followed Michael into the kitchen, walking around all the garbage and occasional puke or who knows what on the ground. He took the aspirin and laid his head on the counter until it went away enough for him to cooperate. 

Luke took out his phone and dialed Rome's phone. He was startled when he heard her overly loud ringtone not far from her. He followed the sound and found Rome laying on his floor behind his couch, snuggled up to Olivia.

Michael awe'd from behind Luke, causing Luke to give him a dirty look for being too loud. 

"Rome," Luke said, leaning down to shake her. 

She grumbled but didn't move much. 

"Rome get your ass up," Luke said again.

"I'm up," She mumbled, causing Olivia to wake up. 

Olivia sat up right away. She held her head and Michael tossed the aspirin bottle at them. They took them drive, not risking standing up just yet. Michael laughed at the three, thankful he didn't drink last night.

"Yeah, and you broke Luke's coffee table," Michael said.

Rome's eyes widened and she stood up, looking over at the table. "Shit, I am so sorry."

"It was you two, what the hell?" Luke grumbled. "You two are giving me money to pay for the new one me and Michael are going to go buy while you two clean the house.

"We're cleaning the house? Why us?" Olivia asked.

"Because, it was Rome's party, that I threw, therefore, she has to clean it. And you are her girlfriend, therefore, you will help her," Luke said, kneeling down and picking up Rome's purse that just so happened to be near her and taking money out it.

"Thank you," Luke said and left the house with Michael.

***

"How are we supposed to find the same coffee table?" Luke asked as he leaned on the shopping cart.

"Just with luck, I guess, the tag said ikea so there is a chance," Michael said. 

Luke nodded and walked up to a worked. But when the worker looked at him he got nervous and looked at Michael to talk. Michael chuckled.

"We're looking for a coffee table," Michael said.

The worker nodded. "All our coffee tables are in ile B."

"Thank you," Michael said and headed to the ile.

Luke and Michael walked down it, checking out every coffee table. Luke stopped walking and pulled out one.

"Hey, this looks like it," Luke said.

Michael pulled out his phone and pulled up a picture of it. He glanced between the two and pursed his lips.

"That's definitely it," Michael said.

"Huh," Luke said and lifted it into the cart. "We were lucky."

They brought the coffee table home after paying and the house already looked a lot cleaner. There was no garbage on the ground and Rome was in the kitchen doing dishes while Olivia was throwing out the bags.

"Finally," Olivia sighed. "You can help us clean now."

Luke nodded and him and Michael quickly set the table up, threw out the other one and helped clean. They all vacuumed, cleaned and made everything look back to normal. But something felt off to Luke.

"It's too clean," he hummed.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Olivia asked.

Luke shook his head. "My parents will think something is up if it's cleaner than it was before we left."

They all nodded, agreeing with Luke. Luke walked into the kitchen and grabbed a chip bag and couple of pop cans and water bottles. He laid them across the room and sprinkled some crumbs on the carpet and threw the bag on the new coffee table.

"Better," Luke chuckled as he collapsed on the couch.

Everyone laughed and collapsed themselves, next to Luke. They fell asleep like that, all exhausted from a day of cleaning and hangovers. They were awoken the next day by a door opening and Luke's parents walking into the house.

"Oh, did we wake you?" Luke's mom asked.

Everyone hummed in response but sat up anyways.

"Long night? You all look beat," Luke's dad laughed.

"Oh, you wouldn't know," Michael laughed, earning an elbow into the side from Luke.

"Luke!" Liz suddenly yelled, causing Luke to panic, thinking he missed something. "There are chip crumbs on the ground."

She leaned down to get a better look at them. "You guys are pigs," She laughed and went to stand up but stopped. "Wasn't there a scratch here on the coffee table?"

"What?" Luke asked too quickly.

"There was a scratch here, I remember because you scratched it with your toy car when you were little," She said.

Luke suddenly felt sick, as he knew he was screwed. His mom was onto them.

This was boring but I wanted to write it lmao.

I wish wattpad was like youtube and you could get paid from it, lmao. Because then I wouldn't have such of a hassle and go through having to get a story published like damn it's hard.

Chapter Question: What's your favourite song atm?

Chapter Answer: All 5sos aside, Taboo Love by Emblem 3