Chapter 28

I thought I wrote this chapter but I think I have lost my mind

Luke woke up the next day still laying with Michael. At first he smiled but then his eyes widened. He didn't know what his parents were gonna say or if they even noticed. He quickly but carefully got out of bed and went downstairs. His mom was sitting on the couch reading a book.

Luke bit his lip and then winced, flooding memories of how his whole body was bruised entered his head. And then he remembered he wasn't wearing a shirt. 

"Good morning, Luke," Luke's mom said, not looking up from her book. "Sleep well?"

"About that, mom," Luke started.

"Don't worry about it, Luke. You two looked too cute to wake up and I trust you, you two still had your clothes on so," Liz said.

"Mom, please!" Luke groaned, covering his ears.

Luke's mom looked up and gasped, causing Luke's eyes to widen. He quickly lowered his arms but there was nowhere to move.

"What the hell happened?" She asked, getting up and closing her book.

"I got in a fight," Luke mumbled.

"A fight, oh honey," Liz sighed and put her hand on one of the bruises making Luke wince.

Luke backed up and into the kitchen. "Don't worry, mom, you should see the other guy."

Liz sighed and went back to her book and Luke got out some cereal. Michael came down the stairs not long later and fully dressed.

"Cereal?" Luke asked.

Michael nodded and Luke got out two bowls and made them both cereal. They sat quietly together at the kitchen island eating their cereal.

"I'm sorry, Michael. I completely forgot you were coming in this weekend and slacked off in school, causing me to have homework," Luke said after finishing his breakfast.

"It's okay, love. We can just hang out today," Michael said, putting their dishes in the sink.

Luke nodded and walked up the stairs with Michael.

"What's your homework?" Michael asked, taking a seat on Luke's bed.

Luke sat down next to him and pulled out his laptop. "I have to do a project on something I'm passionate about, but I don't know what to do."

"Why don't you write about gay marriage?" Michael suggested.

"Yeah, okay, then I'll just gladly enjoy my next beating right after," Luke snapped.

Michael bit his lip.

"Sorry," Luke sighed. "I just.."

Michael shook his head and stood up. "I know what will cheer you up."

Luke looked up at him as he walked over to Luke's speaker. Michael plugged in his phone and put on some Foo Fighters.

"Music is the best medicine," Michael said, sitting next to Luke again.

"I thought that was laughter," Luke said.

"Well, to me, music is," Michael said.

"There we go! I'll do my project on music!" Luke shouted.

"You could sing a song, too," Michael suggested.

Luke shook his head. "Let's just stick with the speech."

THIS WAS SHIT. I don't care though haha. I'm excited for what's next tho. I feel like I owe you guys an update so here's this and there will be one tomorrow on the day I'm supposed to have one. 

If you guys read Kitten, I wrote a third book! It's called Fantasy. If you guys read Kidnapped, I wrote a sequel! It's called Finding Michael. Please check them out, it would mean a lot.

Sorry about this update.