Chapter 40

we dropped to #395 lmao but i don't care cause we hiT 57K

Everyone was in Michael's basement battling in a game of Just Dance. Luke was lying on the couch on his phone. Actually, he just made it look like he was on his phone because it had died fifteen minutes earlier. Ashton wasn't playing either, but he was sat on the arm of the couch cheering on Calum.

As a song ended Rome panted. "Luke! You should play a round."

"No, I'm good," Luke mumbled, not looking up from his dead phone.

Rome pouted but didn't push it. She knew something happened, they all knew, but no one knew what. 

"Okay, well is everyone up for another song?" Olivia asked. 

"No, I'm actually going to take a break, here Ash, you take my place," Michael said, handing Ashton the remote.

Ashton gladly took it and stood up. Michael walked over to the couch Luke was laying down on. 

"Can I sit here?" Michael asked, referencing to where Luke's legs were sprawled out.

"No," Luke said not looking at him.

Michael rolled his eyes. "Give me this," He said, snatching Luke's phone.

"What the hell?" Luke groaned, looking at Michael.

"It's dead, Luke! Come on, stop avoiding me, I said I'm sorry," Michael sighed.

Luke snatched his phone back and sighed. 

"Come on, Luke. Can we at least talk this out?" Michael pleaded.

"Fine, talk," Luke said.

"Not here, let's go upstairs," Michael said.

Luke huffed and stood up. He knew he was acting like a grumpy teenaged girl, but he couldn't help it. He walked up the stairs and he could feel Michael walking behind him. He walked into the living room and sat down. Michael sat down beside him and turned to look at him.

"What do you want to talk about?" Luke asked.

"It all, I want to start back to before we dated, when I was drunk," Michael stated.

"Okay, talk," Luke said.

"I will," Michael sighed. "I'm never over that night. I threw out all of my alcohol when you left, I broke bottles. I cried until you would talk to me again. I still hate myself for it and I'm beating myself up because of it. The second you ran out I snapped out of it, I didn't sober up, but I knew what was happening. I lose control when I drink, so that's why I gave up on it. I can't have that happen again, it won't happen again."

Luke sighed. "It's good to hear that, Michael. I know you would never intentionally hurt me and I know you were drunk. We don't know what would have happened if I didn't leave and I want to keep it that way. I forgave you for it a long time ago, but it's not something I can forget. But it is something I am going to let not bother me anymore. It was the past, and I'm all for the future."

"Thank you, Luke," Michael sighed.

Luke nodded. "I want to know why you didn't tell your parents."

"My parents are... different. I grew up in a rich family, hence why I have a huge house. Well, modeling does pay very well but my parents pay well too. They're very proper and your typical rich people. I mean they're very supportive of everything and don't care about sexuality, but they want me to be with a girl. It's not like they're forcing it on me, and I know they would never be the kind of parents to stop talking to me or hate me because I'm with a guy. But it's also the age thing, six or seven years isn't bad, it doesn't bother me, I hope you know that, I just kind of snapped, but my parents I have no clue how they would react, so I'm scared. I'm not scared for me, I can take my parents, but I'm scared they could get to you, I don't want my boyfriend to hate my parents," Michael rambled.

Luke laid his hand over Michaels and squeezed it gently. "I don't care what your parents think of me. I know what it's like for people not to like me, trust me," Luke chuckled half heartedly, "But in all seriousness, I don't care. As long as I know I can always be with the one I love."

"I would never leave you because of them," Michael breathed out. 

Luke smiled softly. "Is that it? Do you want to add anything or me to add anything? Are we okay?"

"I'm good if you are," Michael said.

"I am," Luke nodded.

Michael smiled and moved closer to Luke. "Look at us, talking things out things like mature people, because we both know we're not mature," Michael chuckled.

Luke nodded. "Fighting is healthy in relationships."

Michael smiled and pulled Luke closer to him. Luke responded my straddling Michael's lap and cupping his face gently. 

"It may be, but let's never fight again," Michael whispered, looking up at Luke.

Luke nodded. "Okay," He whispered and leaned down, connecting their lips.

Luke's stomach fluttered. He knew he was in love with this boy, so in love. Even after such a long time, one simple kiss could make him feel like he was floating.

Michael was his world, and he wouldn't want anyone else.

To clear some things up, there is a girl in earlier chapters named Olivia who teases Luke. That Olivia and Rome's Olivia aren't the same people. I completely didn't notice that I named them the same!

Also please please please go ask me questions on my author q and a ;-; no one asked me questions.

Thanks again for the support! Here's to 60k.

Chapter question: How old are you guys?

Chapter answer: I'm sixteen!