Chapter 22

Luke and Michael laid in Luke's backyard, looking at the stars in the sky. As cheesy as it sounded, Luke insisted that they did it.

"Thank you for today, Luke, I had a lot of fun," Michael said.

"Even after all the times I whooped your ass you had fun?" Luke asked, chuckling.

"Hey! I won a couple of times," Michael pouted.

Luke laughed. "It's alright, I had fun too."

They laid in silence again before one spoke up.

"A shooting star!" Luke shouted. "Make a wish!"

"I wish that Luke Hemmings will go on a date with me," Michael said outloud.

"Michael! You can't say it outloud, it won't come true," Luke yelled.

Michael looked at Luke. "Is that your way of rejecting me?"

Luke thought for a minute then blushed. "Shit, uh."

"It's okay, if you don't want to we don't have to, it's just, I don't know, if you don't like me that's okay," Michael rambled.

"Michael," Luke cut him off. "I kissed you last night, if you really think I don't like you, you need to get some help."

"Technically, I kissed you," Michael chuckled.

Luke shoved Michael's shoulder. "Of course I'll go on a date with you."

***

"Where are you taking me?" Luke asked after twenty minute of driving.

"You'll see," Michael shrugged. 

Luke sighed and leaned back into the seat. Michael turned on the radio and Luke looked out of the window, listening to the music. While Luke listened to the music, Michael listened to Luke humming. If he was a good hummer, he must be a good singer. 

"Luke, you obviously know the lyrics, just sing them!" Michael said.

Luke stopped humming. "What? Oh, sorry, I didn't know I was humming."

"Luke! Sing for me, please?" Michael begged.

Luke sighed and Michael waited. It seemed too long of a pause and Michael figured he wasn't going to sing. But then the chorus came on and Luke began.

"I hate you, I love you, I hate that I love you, don't want to, but I can't put nobody else above you," Luke sang.

Michael listen intently as he sang. When the chorus ended he joined in. "I don't mean no harm, I just miss you on my arm, wedding bells were just alarms, caution tape around my heart."

Luke let Michael sing Gnash's part and joined in with him at the chorus again.

"I hate you, I love you, I hate that I love you, don't want to, but I can't put nobody else above you," They sang.

They sang the rest of the song together and when it ended started laughing.

"Damn, Luke, you've got a voice!" Michael said.

"Me?" Luke asked. "Have you heard your voice?"

Michael chuckled. "We make a good team."

"We do," Luke nodded.

They drove for another two hours. They sang together, the songs they knew, and overall had a good time. And then Michael drove up a gravel driveway that was surrounded by nothing but field. 

"Uh, Michael?" Luke said. "Is this where you're going to murder me?"

Michael laughed. "No, uh, it's not."

"Is this our destination?" Luke asked.

"I guess so," Michael shrugged.

"Do you even know where we are?" Luke asked.

Michael shook his head.

"What?" Luke yelled.

"I uh, I'm lost," Michael said, biting his lip.

"Why didn't you tell me!" Luke asked.

"I wanted to uh, take you somewhere really cool and kind of hoped I would find it along the way," Michael shrugged.

Luke sighed. "Maybe we should go back."

"But this wasn't a good date," Michael said, sadly.

"We could go out for dinner," Luke shrugged.

Michael nodded. "But I'm going to need you to help me back."

***

Luke and Michael sat across each other in a booth and smiled at each other. 

"This place is much better," Luke chuckled.

"Yeah, sorry about such a shitty date," Michael apologized.

"Are you kidding me? Driving, music and the Cheesecake Factory make the best date ever," Luke laughed.

Michael shrugged, "I'm glad you're happy with it."

The waitress walked to their table. "Do you know what you would like to order?" She asked.

"I'll get an oreo cheese cake, please," Michael answered.

Luke pursed his lips and closed his menu. "I'll get the same thing, I guess."

The lady nodded and walked off. 

"A man who eats cheesecake for dinner, what a keeper," Luke chuckled.

"A keeper? Does that mean we're official?" Michael smirked.

Luke blushed, bit his lip and looked down. "I, uh, I mean."

Michael cut him off. "Because I'd love to be your boyfriend."

IF IT AIN'T LOVE, THEN WHY DOES IT FEEL SO GOOD. Sorry if this was crap.

PLEASE READ PRICELESS PLS PLS PLS.

Thank you, Ti cups, I love you.