Chapter 38

Hold onto your hats folks, cause it's about to go down.

"Luke, get in here! We're about to count down!" Michael yelled from his place on the couch as everyone started counting down from ten.

Luke hurried into the living room and planted himself on Michael's lap. Michael wrapped his arm around Luke and smiled widely at him.

"Three.. Two.. One.. Happy New Year!" Everyone yelled together.

Luke smiled down at Michael and brushed their noses together.

"Happy New Year," Luke whispered softly.

"Happy New Year," Michael whispered back, brushing his lips against Luke's.

Luke broke the space between them and placed his lip on Michael's. They both smiled into the kiss. Meanwhile, next to them Calum firmly grabbed Ashton's waist and kissed him deeply. Then there was Rome and Olivia.

Rome stood awkwardly after she finished her "happy new year" sentence and she could feel Olivia's stare on her. Her cheeks heated up, she wanted nothing more than to kiss Olivia, but she didn't know how Olivia felt. 

Rome was startled out of her thoughts when she felt two hands on her waist. She looked up and her eyes met blue ones. They weren't Luke's, and Luke was the only one who had blue eyes. Besides Olivia.

"Shh," Olivia whispered.

Rome nodded and closed her eyes, as she could feel Olivia's breath on her lips. And then it wasn't breath on her lips, it was Olivia's lips. Rome melted into the kiss and everything around her faded away. Her lips molded perfectly with Olivia's, but before she could focus anymore on it, the feeling was gone.

"Everyone needs a new year's kiss," Olivia spoke, letting go of Rome.

Rome couldn't find words so she just nodded. Luke looked away from Michael and over at Olivia and Rome.

"They so like each other," Michael said. "I know that look Olivia's giving her, it's the same one I gave you."

Luke smiled and turned his head back to Michael. "Really?"

Michael nodded and Luke rested his forehead against Michael's. He closed his eyes and just enjoyed the moment.

***

Everyone partied for a bit after the countdown and Ashton, Olivia and Rome drank. Luke got tired and sat down on the couch, just watching everyone. Michael sat down next to him later on.

"You tired?" Michael asked, pulling Luke to lean against him

Luke nodded. "But you can keep having fun, don't let me ruin it."

"No, I'm done with it too, I think," Michael said, pressing his lips into Luke's hair.

Luke moved to look up at Michael. "You're not drinking."

Michael shook his head. 

"Why not?" Luke asked.

"I'm sure you know why," Michael sighed.

"It doesn't mean you shouldn't stop drinking," Luke added.

"I can't have that happening again," Michael mumbled.

"Let's just forget about it, okay?" Luke gave up and just laid with Michael, letting him rest his head on top of his.

"Do you want to go to bed? Everyone seems to be getting tired, I think it'll quiet down eventually," Michael asked.

Luke nodded and rose to his feet, saying goodnight to everyone and then going up to Michael's room. Michael laid down with him, pulling him close. Luke yawned and nuzzled into him, finding warmth. They just laid there in silence and Luke almost fell asleep when Michael spoke up.

"Luke? You asleep?" Michael asked.

"Not anymore," Luke grumbled, causing Michael to chuckle.

"Do you want to go for a drive? I can't sleep," He asked.

"I guess," Luke yawned and got up. 

He threw on one of Michael's sweater for comfort and walked down the stairs. They must have been laying down for longer than Luke thought because everything was silent and everyone was in bed. Luke walked out of the house and got into Michael's car, curling up against the window.

Luke yawned again when Michael turned on the car, realizing it was three thirty in the morning. He just sighed and let Michael drive wherever, hoping to fall back asleep. He gave up after a while and put his feet back on the ground.

"How was Christmas in England?" Luke asked.

"It was good, nice to see my family again," Michael said.

Luke nodded. "Did you talk about me? Or did your parents ask about me?" Luke asked with a smirk.

"Uh," Michael said awkwardly.

"No? That's fine," Luke said, paused, and then spoke again. "They do know about me, right?"

Michael was silent again. 

"You never told them about me?" Luke snapped.

"No," Michael shrugged.

"Why not?" Luke yelled.

"I'm twenty-four, Luke. I'm not a child, I don't need to go running to my parents when I have a new boyfriend," Michael said, watching the road.

"Oh, so now I'm a child? What the fuck, Michael?" Luke snapped.

"That's not what I said," Michael sighed.

"And I'm not some new boyfriend, we're serious, Michael," Luke grumbled, "or so I thought we were."

"Well, right now you're acting like a child," Michael groaned. "Grow up."

"So if I'm a child, you like fucking children then?" Luke snapped.

"I'm not fucking children!" Michael yelled, getting angry.

"Well, maybe not yet, but you have definatly tried, when you fucking tried to fucking rape me," Luke yelled, eyes tearing.

"What happened to forgetting about that?" Michael snapped. 

"I'm never going to forget about it, Michael. I had nightmares about it, I was scared of you, it still scars me, even when I know you'll never do it again, but it was terrifying," Luke sighed.

"I didn't even do anything!" Michael yelled, looking at Luke this time.

"You wanted to! If I never left who know's what could have happened!" Luke yelled.

"You don't know that! I would have eventually snapped out of it," Michael groaned.

"Eventually being the key word," Luke said, looking into Michael's eyes.

"You know what, Luke? You're so fuc-" Michael was cut off by a loud noise and Luke yelling.

"Michael! Car!" Luke screamed.

Michael brought his attention to the road again and noticed headlights coming straight for them. He didn't know what to do, he panicked and turned the steering wheel as quickly as he could. They ended up on the side of the road, just missing the car.

Luke panted in shaky breaths and Michael shot his head towards Luke.

"Fuck, Luke, I'm so sorry, are you okay?" Michael panicked.

"I'm fine," Luke panted. 

"I'm so sorry, Luke. Fuck, I'm sorry," Michael sighed, tearing up.

Luke didn't look at him, he just shook his head. 

"Just take me home, Michael."

Last call for character ask questions, I'm going to posting answers in about an hour or so.

This was supposed to be a lot better but I don't feel good, I'm sorry.

I'm also probably gonna take the week off next week or maybe just three days, because I'm getting eye surgery, but it depends on how it goes and what not.