Chapter 35

This chapter contains a little smut as well, cause Michael's birthday lol. Please don't skip it though, it's not all smut.

Luke woke up early again on Sunday morning, except this time he didn't get out of the tent. He moved closer to Michael, causing him to hum happily and hold Luke tighter. 

"Happy birthday, baby," Luke whispered. 

Michael groaned in response. Luke tried to sit up but Michael tightened his grip.

"Let me gooo," Luke whined. "I was going to bring you breakfast."

Michael opened up one eye. "Breakfast? We're camping, there's no good breakfast."

"I'll find something," Luke said and pecked Michael on the lips before leaving the tent.

He walked over to their food and managed to get an iced tea, to-go cereal and a snickers bar. He picked them up and walked back into the tent, sitting down on the mattress.

"What a healthy breakfast," Michael chuckled.  

"Sorry, that's all that was there," Luke apologized. 

Michael leaned in and pecked his lips quickly. "No worries, it looks delicious."

Luke laid back on the bed and let Michael eat in peace. When he was done, he crawled over to his bag and pulled out a medium sized box and crawled back to Michael. He placed it in Michael's hands.

"What's this?" Michael asked with a smile. 

"A little something," Luke said with a bigger smile.

Michael unwrapped it. 

"There's three parts to it," Luke added. "They're stacked in order."

Michael nodded and pulled out the first one. He chuckled as he unwrapped it.

"A twenty-five dollar gift card to Subway, you can never go wrong with that," Michael chuckled.

"I know you like to eat it on your break," Luke said.

"I do," Michael said and opened the next one. 

He smiled widely and read the box. "A Tommy Hilfiger watch, how'd you know?" 

"Oh I don't know, you wouldn't shut up about how much you wanted one," Luke chuckled.

Michael opened the last one.

"I don't know if you're going to like this one,  but Rome suggested it," Luke said, biting his lip.

"Never apart, maybe in distance but never at heart, l.r.h.," Michael read allowed.

He moved the small engraved silver ring around in his hand, biting his lip.

"Michael, are you crying?" Luke asked, looking closer at him.

Michael just quickly wrapped his arms around Luke. "It's just, in all my twenty four years being alive, no one cared this much for my birthday."

Luke wrapped his arms around Michael and kissed his cheek. "I love you, obviously I'm going to spoil you."

Michael chuckled, let go of Luke and wiped his tears. "I love you so much."

"I wish I didn't have to go home today," Luke sighed.

"Maybe you don't," Michael shrugged.

"I can't just stay, I don't have service so I can't contact my mom," Luke said.

"We can drive into town for a bit and get service, please? I need one more night, of just us," Michael pleaded.

Luke sighed. "Okay, we'll see what she says."