Chapter 10

Rome stuck to her words. On Friday they were headed back to Michael's town. (someone do the research, did I name it? lol)

"I'm sorry I have to tag along," Rome said, pulling up to his studio.

"I'm not. I think I'd die without you," Luke chuckled.

Rome giggled and checked the clock. "He gets off in five minutes."

As if on cue, Michael left the building. Luke got really excited and opened the door a little too quickly, falling out of the car and onto the pavement. Rome couldn't help but burst out laughing.

Luke got up quickly, brushing himself off. When he looked up, Michael was in front of him with a concerned look.

"Oh, uh, hey!" Luke said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Are you alright?" Michael asked, using Luke's fall as an excuse to check him out.

"Yeah, uh, yeah," Luke said. 

Rome came around the car, laughing still. "H-hi M-Michael," she said between laughed.

Michael laughed a little too.

"Can we just go somewhere?" Luke asked annoyed.

So they did, they took Michael's car. Luke sat in the front with Michael while Rome sat in the back. Michael took them to a mall, not really knowing anywhere else to go. 

Luke didn't have much money so they mostly window shopped, got to know each other, and laughed, a lot. Luke(and Rome) really got to know Michael, and it turns out he was actually a really funny guy. Luke could already feel himself falling.

"Oh! Sephora is having a big sale! I'll be right back," Rome yelled out, obviously just wanting to leave them alone after the two hours it was the three of them.

Michael chuckled. "Cool friend you've got there."

"Yeah," Luke chuckled, "she's great."

"So, how often do you guys really come out here?" Michael asked.

Luke thought of a quick answer. "Almost every weekend in the summer, but during the school year, not as much."

"School year? You a college boy?" Michael asked.

"Uh.. High School," Luke corrected.

"Oh." Michael said, pressing his lips together.

This made Luke feel like shit. He never thought about their age difference, it was illegal. Michael was Twenty-three and Luke was seventeen. Now they never would be together.

"I'm a senior, last year," Luke said.

Michael nodded. "Do you know what you want to do?"

"I'm into music and photography, but I mean, that's hard to do, so I'm not really sure," Luke shrugged.

"Follow your dreams, Luke, trust me it'll be worth it," Michael said.

"Was your dream to model?" Luke asked.

Michael shook his head. "I was into music too."

"Why didn't you follow your dream?" He asked.

"It's a long, depressing, story that we'll save for another day," Michael shrugged.

"Another day?" Luke asked, smiling.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Michael asked, smirking.

Luke shrugged. "Normally people don't like hanging out with people younger than them, especially teenagers."

Michael chuckled and shook his head. " I like you, Luke, so I'm not just gonna stop talking to you just because you're a little younger."

Luke smiled, not knowing how to reply and as if on cue, Rome walked out of Sephora with a small bag, smiling.

shitty chapter im so sorry i have writers block for this story.