Chapter 9

Luke spent the rest of the day with Rome, staring at his phone.

"He's not going to reply, Rome," Luke pouted.

"He's probably doing a shoot, he has a job and probably doesn't watch his phone all day," Rome smirked, elbowing Luke.

"Not helping," Luke mumbled, laying on his back.

"Come on, lets go get some ice cream while we wait," Rome said, getting up.

Luke sighed and got up, throwing on a shirt and leaving the house. They got into Rome's car and drove off to Dairy Queen. Since it was like the hottest day of the year, or so it was to Luke, since he hadn't left the house much that summer, the line was really long.

"Rome, why'd you make me leave the house?" He pouted.

"Because who doesn't want ice cream," She said, taking out her wallet.

"I have ice cream in my freezer," Luke said.

"Oh shut up and pick what you want," Rome groaned.

As they looked at the menu, Luke's phone went off. Rome and Luke locked eyes, Luke was scared to look.

"Well come on!" Rome said.

Luke reached out and pulled out his phone. His face instantly fell. 

"Well??" Rome nudged.

"AmazingPhil and TylerOakley are both following Danisnotonfire," Luke pouted.

"Gotta hate those twitter notifications," Rome sighed.

The two went on with their day. They ate their ice cream, watched some How I Met your Mother and ate some more. It was now ten thirty and Luke had made Rome stay over for the night, just in case he got a text. They were laying on the couches in the basement, watching The Fault in our Stars.

"I hate this movie," Luke said, rubbing his tears away.

"Your such a baby, we've seen this hundreds of times," Rome teased.

"Well we gotta watch something while waiting for more of John Green!" Luke argued.

Rome was about to say something but Luke got another phone notification.

"Should I even bother to look? The last seven had been twitter notifications or apple reminding me my storage is almost full," Luke asked.

Rome was about to answer again but there was another sound off of Luke's phone. He picked it up off the coffee table and his eyes widened.

"He double texted!!" Luke yelled.

Rome sat up. "Read them!"

"Okay, okay," Luke started, "hey, Luke! Sorry it took me so long to reply, I forgot my phone in my car, but thank you! It's a really nice picture, I love it." 

"That's it?" Rome asked.

Luke shook his head. "His second text says, can't wait till you and your friend come back, I'd love to meet up again!" 

"Damn boy, he's so into you," Rome chuckled.

Luke shrugged. "I dunno, I'm seventeen, he's twenty-three."

"So? That's not bad, I've heard about worse," Rome shrugged.

"True, I guess."

"Now reply!" Rome screamed.

"Saying what?" Luke asked.

"Tell him we're coming back Friday," Rome shrugged.

"But we aren't," Luke said, raising an eyebrow.

"We are now."

SERIOUS QUESTION. DO ANY OF YOU READ GIRLXBOY FANFICS??