Chapter 3

whoops switching to third person.

Luke was looking at Michael's website when he got the text.

Sweet, sweet wifi.

He barely even shut off his laptop and he was already up, throwing on pants and a shirt. He didn't even bother doing anything else he just ran down the stairs and out the door. 

Rome lived only a street over there so before he knew it, he was already on her front door.

"Are you really that excited to see me?" Rome asked while she stood in the doorway with her hand on her hip. 

"I.. Needed.. To.. See.. You.." Luke panted, trying to catch his breath.

"You need to work out, that's what you need to do. Dude, my house is only a five minute walk from yours!" Rome smirked.

"I.." Before he could continue, Rome pulled him into her house. 

"Why are you here so quickly? I sent that text not even ten minutes ago!" Rome exclaimed. "Thanks for the text back, by the way."

"I.. Need to.. Tell you.. Something," Luke said, slowly catching his breath.

Rome sat on her couch and watched Luke patiently, waiting for him to catch his breath and waiting to hear the die hard exciting news he had for her.

"I met a boy," Luke said once he caught his breath.

"And?" Rome dragged out.

"I think I love him." Luke took a seat.

"Woah, woah, woah. I've been gone two weeks and I come back and you're in love with a boy you just met?" Rome asked, standing.

"Well.." Luke blushed, looking at his lap.

"Well?" 

"I haven't met him, yet." Luke frowned.

Rome laughed.

"Yet!" Luke yelled.

Rome just shook her head. "So you found a boy."

"Well actually, a man. He's older than me," Luke explained, shrugging.

Rome laughed again. "How'd you find him?"

"He models." Luke said proudly, as if he was his to be proud of.

"Ooou, juicy, what does he model?" She asked, taking a seat again.

"Hats, and uh, jeans," Luke said.

"Anything else?" 

Luke got quiet. "Lingerie."

"Damn! Good luck," Rome laughed.

"But wait!" Luke yelled a little too loudly, standing up.

Rome looked up at him.

"His studio is only two towns over!" 

"So what are you saying?" Rome asked, frowning.

"We're going on a road trip."